Viewing 15 posts - 42,166 through 42,180 (of 59,098 total)
There's just one problem in all of that... try the following code and see the potential error... especially in SQL Server 2000.
SELECT DISTINCT Number
FROM master..spt_values WHERE Number >= 0...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 9:55 pm
Jim McLeod (8/30/2009)
Jeff Moden (8/30/2009)
Heh... what are you folks going to do if there's more than one day in the query? 😉
See if management will change their requirements? 😉 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 8:27 pm
Heh... what are you folks going to do if there's more than one day in the query? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 6:46 pm
Converting NULLs to 'N/A' is one of those formatting things for display purposes and it shouldn't be done in the database... it should be done in the GUI or reporting...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 6:02 pm
Heh... have you or Manu actually tried it on the TEXT datatype to see if it works?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 4:37 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/30/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 4:29 pm
gmamata7 (8/30/2009)
Can I have the script to know the fragmentation level for all the indexes in a database.Because
1. I want to make a note of Fragmentation level for all the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:51 pm
Try a right join. If I remember correctly, (+) in Oracle is on the opposite column that you would expect.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:47 pm
PaulB (8/29/2009)
Rule #33: Never ever run neither DML nor DDL against production without having successfully tested it before.
Shoot... that's rule #1 for me.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:44 pm
Export in native format using BCP and then import it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:42 pm
Heh... and now that I've read the article, I'll say again... "All of it". 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:40 pm
Before I even read the article, I'll say "all of it".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:31 pm
I'm not sure what the actual question or result set is supposed to be. Please see the following... the methods there will help us help you a lot better.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:28 pm
Adding columns won't normally cause a performance change. Adding data to the new columns will. Chances are, you have page splits all over the place. I'd recommend...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 1:22 pm
IceDread (8/30/2009)
It is as said an interesting idea but I dont see the value of it because sql server is still very lacking.
Can you give some specific examples of what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 30, 2009 at 11:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 42,166 through 42,180 (of 59,098 total)