Viewing 15 posts - 40,846 through 40,860 (of 59,098 total)
I've been thinking about this and the performance. For the data at hand and if the table cannot be normalized, then Nigel's "like" method is probably the best.
Normalizing the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 10:53 pm
bernardash (12/3/2009)
...
The table now has 18...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 10:23 pm
RandMan-585256 (12/3/2009)
Since this is Access VBA why don't you use the cross-tab query type in Access?
Hmmm.... not a bad idea. Do you believe that it would work on a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:55 pm
Test-170228 (12/2/2009)
Man, you get this right, and I am going to send you a cheque for some pizza money for sure or steak 😉
Heh... PM me... I'll send you the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:37 pm
Ok... barring any major oversights or simple typo's, I think this will do it. It should be an exact replacement in that if you folks add another "Fact" to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:34 pm
Heh... I could build some test data but then you'd have to add a bottle of Scotch to the steak order. :w00t:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:30 pm
Test-170228 (12/3/2009)
How goes the battle? I am trying to figure things out on my end and I feel my efforts have been in vain. I hope yours are not.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:29 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/3/2009)
Jeff Moden (12/3/2009)
Heh... nope... I want the steaks. 😛Thought Pork Chops were your thing?? :hehe:
Heh... that's what I feed other people. :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 9:28 pm
Heh... nope... I want the steaks. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 8:03 pm
GSquared (12/3/2009)
He wants a negative number.
Heh... -42. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 7:48 pm
Ah... got it. Thanks. It does seem strange to waste an INT or even a SMALLINT to hold numbers like 10000 when a TINYINT to hold the "4"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 7:08 pm
Test-170228 (12/3/2009)
This is what I have when I check for the version value on my server
"Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SP1) - 10.0.2531.0 (X64) Mar 29 2009 10:11:52...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 6:51 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/3/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 6:49 pm
TheSQLGuru (12/3/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 6:08 pm
Heh... I was right. And, I looked up what PIVOT and CHOOSE do (I don't even know how to spell "ACCESS") and I believe we can do this. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 3, 2009 at 5:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,846 through 40,860 (of 59,098 total)