Viewing 15 posts - 40,711 through 40,725 (of 59,098 total)
In other words, the account that SQL Server logs in with must have the necessary privs to actually "see" the paths that you're trying to explore using sp_FileExists.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2009 at 9:35 am
Paul-755326 (12/13/2009)
RBarryYoung (12/13/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2009 at 9:30 am
Gary Istvan Varga (12/11/2009)
Jeff Moden (12/9/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 11:28 pm
Option 2 without most of the stuff you mentioned.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 10:27 pm
Heh... look in Books Online and the AdventureWorks database that comes free with SQL Server. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 10:19 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (12/12/2009)
And here I think Barry would like this car
Man, I used to love "Spanky and his gang".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 10:12 pm
care.shiv (12/11/2009)
select 10 from emp;Is it correct query?
If it is correct what will be the result of this query .............
specify reason also
Why don't you just try it instead of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 2:39 pm
Paul-755326 (12/12/2009)
DECLARE @Str varchar(8000)
SELECT @Str=kPEAccountCode from dbo.dbProfile
Select *...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 2:24 pm
Chris Quinn-821458 (12/11/2009)
Arquebus
Heh... I prefer a portable pork chop launcher. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2009 at 1:21 pm
RACOONRACER (12/11/2009)
I just read the article and am now a full fleldge SQL Server DBA. YooHoo!! I feel my wallet fattening now.
Well, at least you have the first prerequisite for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2009 at 8:23 am
Thanks for the feedback. I'd still be interested in knowing how long it took to import the 250k rows data into a staging table using the OpenRowSet technique in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 11, 2009 at 8:21 am
I agree that a lot of things can be done very quickly in T-SQL... just not with cursors. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2009 at 8:57 pm
Save the output of your query into a table with the extra columns you need. Then, use my query to UPDATE the table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2009 at 8:55 pm
Ah, dang it. Sometimes I hate BOL... the STR function that I looked at to get the return type was for SQL Server Mobile. Why on Earth the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2009 at 7:47 pm
support 23368 (12/10/2009)
no need to change the CSV file but looking at the query it appears that it may work slower.
Heh... slower than what? The 2 days it took...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 10, 2009 at 7:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,711 through 40,725 (of 59,098 total)