Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 59,098 total)
SQL Server does not all "FROM @FILENAME", only "FROM 'data_file_name'". Google the syntax of the command.
You'll need to use dynamic SQL if you want to feed in a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2022 at 5:43 am
There is no need to use the old DATETIME...
That's what so many people say but that's seriously wrong. Although DATETIME doesn't meet some of the ISO 8601 standards,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2022 at 2:57 am
Heh... it's why I complain... "A happy sailor is a bitchin' sailor". 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2022 at 12:15 am
To my kind respondents, thank you once again, but I think you're much too understanding towards Microsoft. Personally I'm not impressed.
Heh... Being one that doesn't have such a understanding...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2022 at 11:46 pm
DBATools.io has a nice function called Find-DbaDbDuplicateIndex (however it has IMHO aflaw and does not report IsUnique for an index, reporting duplicate indexes composed of the same column(s)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2022 at 11:18 pm
I need to run powershell script which is located in other server, lets say server A .
I'm curious... what does the PowerShell script actually do?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2022 at 11:37 pm
Hello,
I found couple of indexes which looks like duplicate indexes. Before dropping any duplicate indexes...is there any additional checks that should be done. please advise.
Index A on Table A...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2022 at 10:20 pm
While I agree that IIF is "foreign" to SQL, it is VERY short for 2 part CASE statements. As you know, it does resolve to a CASE statement behind the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:27 pm
--...
ALTER DATABASE [DBNameToRestoreHere] SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;
ALTER DATABASE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:05 pm
I hate Excel...If your cutting and pasting into excel from SSMS, you could be losing leading zeros. Usually the only time I do this is exchanging results among my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 7:09 am
Bad criteria. Empty source table. Some error that allowed the creation of the table but no data to transfer. There are a ton of reasons but can't tell because not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:58 am
I don't use availability groups but I can tell you that you're using what people recommend as supposed Microsoft "recommended" "Best Practices" for index maintenance. In fact, most of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:56 am
Instead of worrying about where the bloody semi-colon goes, someone needs to convince this fellow that this absolutely needs to be converted to a single value iTVF or "iSF" and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:40 am
**** NOTICE!!!! Please see Scott's warning at https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/restore-autmomation#post-3979292 on this subject below and my post right after his. I only use this method on "test" boxes and didn't stress...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 6:33 am
It doesn't matter if it's ZOOM or not... meeting usually flat out just suck because the person who is supposed to be running the meeting is one of the worst...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2022 at 1:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,006 through 4,020 (of 59,098 total)