Viewing 15 posts - 40,051 through 40,065 (of 59,098 total)
forum member (1/30/2010)
I have start date and finish date range inputted as a parameter into the report,how can i extract each month start and finish date range from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 8:37 am
Heh... sorry Jason... I don't know what you mean by "PC" in this case. I get the jist but not the meaning. 🙂
Sounds like your design philosophy and mine...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 7:46 am
GilaMonster (1/30/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/29/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 7:36 am
UT- (1/30/2010)
Thanks for this new idea, i am really looking forward to see the results BUT in your post you did not include the code to generate the tally table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 7:33 am
GilaMonster (1/30/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 7:16 am
As a bit of a side bar, the number of rows from the system tables can go a bit astray at times. If you want them to be as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 12:37 am
Hey Steve! What's up with all these article discussions showing up with none of the posts they used to have?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2010 at 12:33 am
Adam Machanic (1/29/2010)
Jeff Moden (1/29/2010)
Grant Fritchey (1/29/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 11:21 pm
Here... update your stats, defrag your indexes, and try this out...
WITH
ctePreCondition AS
(
SELECT DATEADD(dd,DATEDIFF(dd,0,log_date),0) AS Date,
event_duration
FROM dbo.log_event WITH(NOLOCK)
WHERE log_date >= CAST('2009-12-16'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 11:08 pm
I would think the text conversion in the SELECT list and GROUP BY is killing you. Use the DATEADD/DATEDIFF trick to get whole dates.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 11:01 pm
Dynamically...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 10:54 pm
sam rebus (1/28/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 10:52 pm
Heh... On most systems, especially those dedicated to ETL and the like, I avoid all of those problems with SSIS (and DTS)... I don't use them. 😛 I do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 10:38 pm
I normally do what Elliot suggested.... I use an IDENTITY column as a PK even if a natural key is available. It just gives more choices and in this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 10:32 pm
Lynn Pettis (1/29/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2010 at 10:12 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,051 through 40,065 (of 59,098 total)