Viewing 15 posts - 40,006 through 40,020 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for the response, Dan.
Yep, I know that you can't have a two (or more) table source (well... Merge Join almost does that). I have an OLE DB source...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 3:52 pm
BrainDonor (2/2/2010)
sql_ques (2/2/2010)
Please tell me how to do it.
No.
I will however take as long as is required to help you to work out how to write it. That is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 3:37 pm
Oh yeah... almost forgot. While this seems to be a "natural" for replication, one of the requirements is to not use replication. I also can't simply use a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 3:29 pm
Hey there Ritz... I sure do hope you're still around because I need some help that your very good Word document just isn't helping me with. Would you take...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 3:25 pm
roelofsleroux (2/2/2010)
Its basically to avoid JOIN statements.
It may be convenient to use but all you've done is avoid having to write JOIN statements. It's still doing a join of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:14 am
george sibbald (2/2/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:01 am
Sorry Arun... language barrier thing is interfering a bit. I didn't ask a question so I'm not sure what you mean.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 10:05 pm
I agree with that. That's why we want to see that slow query and the execution plan for it. We're just shooting in the dark until that happens.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 10:01 pm
I'm not sure on how to demonstrate the benefit of additional RAM without actually buying it and show how it does or does not make an improvement.
So far...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 9:55 pm
There will be no such animal as 2010-02-29. 😉
Arun... you beat me to it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 9:23 pm
mark.veitch (2/1/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 9:12 pm
Another good idea. Thanks Wayne. Just curious though... have you ever used it that way?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Why wouldn't UNPIVOT (maybe, more than one) do the job here?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 8:59 pm
It's ironic... as someone once said, "The more things change, the more they stay the same". Holy shades of "RAM DISK", Batman! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 8:55 pm
mohaminho10 (2/1/2010)
It is actually going to update more that 5 DB's...the total runs to about 25 DB's.Does anyone have a sample code that I can take a look at?
Thanks
Simple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2010 at 6:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 40,006 through 40,020 (of 59,098 total)