Viewing 15 posts - 39,991 through 40,005 (of 59,098 total)
heartbeat_yuva (2/3/2010)
Use of coalesce will help this
Actually it won't. Other than a 2 part coalesce acting in mostly the same fashion as an ISNULL, it's a little bit slower...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 5:41 am
GilaMonster (2/2/2010)
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic856902-145-1.aspx#bm857286
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic475163-146-1.aspx#bm856344
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic855771-360-1.aspx#bm855992
Am I getting too...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 10:40 pm
GilaMonster (2/2/2010)
Gianluca Sartori (2/2/2010)
On the last one you almost corrected Jeff on the LDFs thing, so I think you have the answer.:-D
I realised what he meant. Just the way it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 10:27 pm
Heh... so "SSD" actually must mean "Slow Sector Destruction". 😛
I wonder if they like pork chops...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 10:19 pm
Micheal,
I know you wrote this article a while ago but I wanted to say "thanks". Today is my first "real" day with SSIS and it's nice to see that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 7:46 pm
Ritz,
Just one more question... did you ever take the time to write the article on this subject? If not, I (again) think you'd really be good at it. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 7:13 pm
Dan, thanks again for giving it a shot. I appreciate the time you took.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 7:09 pm
Ritz,
The mapping you did was a bit different than what I wanted but I took care of that. I've been fighting this all day long because I didn't know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 7:07 pm
ritz-782912 (2/2/2010)
You can use the OLEDB Source, Lookup and OLEDB Destination tasks to do this. But you will have to configure the error output in Lookup Task to redirect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:30 pm
GilaMonster (2/2/2010)
Jeff Moden (2/1/2010)
Rebuild the clustered indexes, shrink the MDF, rebuild the clustered indexes again. Won't help the LDF, though.
Even that might leave the record on the hard drive...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:20 pm
David Burrows (2/2/2010)
Man, do I ever agree with that! Books are great but having an experienced Mentor to teach and guide you, even if it's just an hour a day,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:07 pm
roelofsleroux (2/2/2010)
Thank for the head-up. But will this explain the reason why my SQL server over-consumed hardware resources and ended up not responding?
If you have a lot of code or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 6:01 pm
In that case, I guess I'd need to see the code, the tables, and the indexes for all 3 sections. I have a 7 year old single 1.8 GHz...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 5:56 pm
Why is there a limit to begin with? Is it just due to the physical nature of the device?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 5:49 pm
Tom.Thomson (2/2/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2010 at 5:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,991 through 40,005 (of 59,098 total)