Viewing 15 posts - 39,961 through 39,975 (of 59,098 total)
There are a lot of people at work that I get along with really, really well and we've all had some great times together both at work and outside of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2010 at 5:22 am
Instrumented data collection apps, especially in the medical and device control fields, would greatly benefit from IMDB instances as well.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 4, 2010 at 5:10 am
Lynn Pettis (2/3/2010)
mark.veitch (2/1/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 9:40 pm
If the data is actually as you say it is, then using Wayne's good test data, you can cheat like hell 😉
-- notice how a table is defined (DDL) and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 9:15 pm
Ummmm.... isn't there a text qualifier setting that can be enabled?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 9:08 pm
David Lester (2/3/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 9:05 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (2/3/2010)
We are hoping PASS will continue to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 9:00 pm
Dan Guzman - Not the MVP (2/3/2010)
PS Jeff, someday I'll post my real world 'I bet you can't get rid of this cursor/while loop' stumper
I'd imagine that a lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:58 pm
As a side bar, I don't use the BIT datatype for the most part. A single bit still takes a byte to store it and you can't so SUM...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:53 pm
gsanthosh84-663713 (2/3/2010)
Below is the data in my table
MarketQtrWeek % Over %Change
HD Q1'09 1 3.91% 3.91%
HD ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:50 pm
As a side bar, you don't need to actually drop the constraints... you can disable them with ALTER TABLE and NO CHECK.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:43 pm
live with a few people at work,
Heh... shoot... why would I want to do that? I see them too much as it is. If you want productivity to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:37 pm
Tara-1044200 (2/2/2010)
I dont have any indexes on any tables in that database.Can you some one give correct explanation as to why space is not released when some column are deleted?
Tara-1044200...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 8:23 pm
Restricting xp_CmdShell is probably a good idea but proxies can be setup to allow calling of stored procedures that use it without exposing xp_CmdShell to most users. I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 7:58 pm
I'm going with Elliot on this one. It sounds like a classic memory leak either caused by an app, a CLR (whatever you want to call it), or perhaps...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2010 at 7:55 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,961 through 39,975 (of 59,098 total)