Viewing 15 posts - 39,931 through 39,945 (of 59,098 total)
mcommmgr (2/1/2010)
Working on it!BUSINESS @ THE SPEED OF THOUGHT
J. Joshi
Harvard University Medical Informatics
Cambridge, USA.
BWAA-HAA!!! Now there's a bit of irony in that post! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 5:30 pm
nareshmca (1/20/2010)
First i have to tell one thing, sol_sub_cat_Id is a PK column, sol_cat_id is a FK column. I am looking for an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 5:25 pm
arr.nagaraj (1/20/2010)
His sample result has 19,20 and after that 8,9. So I guessed he felt he needs it in the order in which Database stores ( or unordered scan resultorder...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 5:21 pm
Charlotte,
It's been a couple of days and I'm just being curious... how did all of this work out for you?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 5:08 pm
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the explanation, Dan. I really appreciate it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm
WayneS (2/4/2010)
@jeff - thinking outside the box again...:smooooth:
BaldingLoopMan (2/4/2010)
very nice. i wouldn't have thought about using the parse name. nice work.
Heh... thanks guys. But I prefer to think of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:58 pm
Ah... thanks for the reminder, Adi. I flat forgot about that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:50 pm
Almost forgot... I believe that setting up a "Text" linked server may do the
trick, as well. However, both OPENROWSET and a Text Linked Server will be
a bit slower than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:42 pm
I agree... it's a huge pain. I think they made it that way to get folks to use SSIS. 😉
As a side bar, there is another way but I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:38 pm
To use flat files you would also need complete and up to date documentation of all relationships used within the tables.
Nope... that should all be in the code you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm
Admittedly, I've not look at the license recently but it used to say something about having to install the entire client and not just parts. So I suspect the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:20 pm
If T-SQL killed the server or uses as much resources as you say for such a simple ETL process, the T-SQL was simply written incorrectly.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm
GilaMonster (2/5/2010)
Luke L (2/5/2010)
Yes, but you'll have to wait for Gail's Blog post on DBCC TimeWarp to make certain you get all 137 non-optional parameters correct.
btw, as an aside, in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 4:07 pm
Very cool. Thanks Johan.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 11:59 am
Tara-1044200 (2/4/2010)
Actually.. I am sorry, i do have indexes.I am changing INT data type to BIT, does it not save any sapce to me ?
Like ALZDBA stated, 3 bytes for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 5, 2010 at 9:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,931 through 39,945 (of 59,098 total)