Viewing 15 posts - 39,886 through 39,900 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... no, I didn't miss a thing when I said "execute only the code that needs to be executed." One of the guys at my old job decided it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 9:18 pm
The Dixie Flatline (2/6/2010)
Can someone tell me if it makes a difference whether or not the new servers occupy the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 8:18 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (2/6/2010)
The Dixie Flatline (2/6/2010)
I'll just get my answer off Twitter.
I wave my subatomic particles at all of your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 8:16 pm
Voting by the general public smacks of a popularity contest rather than a public service award (which is what being an MVP is really all about). If you really...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 7:19 pm
Heh... you beat me to it, Liz. I was thinking that very same thing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 7:13 pm
Sorry... I missed copying the last criteria which broke the code. The following works and I'm taking CPR (cut, paste, replace) lessons tomorrow.. 😛
WITH
cteNumbered AS
(
SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 5:56 pm
In case someone needs it, here's the test data I used...
--===== Conditionally drop the test table in case we need to rerun
IF OBJECT_ID('TempDB..#TestTable') IS NOT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 5:21 pm
Sorry... made a mistake and had to erase this post. I'll be back.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 5:13 pm
sanketahir1985 (2/1/2010)
Hi friendscan any buddy provide script to generate load on tempdb database in sql 2005.
Heh... generate a load? Shoot... run one or two of the following... this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 2:44 pm
peter-970097 (2/5/2010)
Agreed, the IDENTITY column works fine for creating a unique RECNUM ID, but this type of process is required when creating a 'unique' sequential number...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 1:45 pm
Grinja (2/5/2010)
Hi,Is there an equivilent function to Excel's 'CLEAN' in SQL to remove non printable characters?.
Thanks,
G
I believe this will do it for you...
CREATE FUNCTION dbo.RemoveNonDisplayChars
/********************************************************************
Purpose:
Remove the non-displayable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 12:15 pm
My apologies, Ramesh. I should have qualified my statement. Instead of saying...
"I believe you'll find it's a wee bit more difficult to do than just using REPLACE."
......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 11:47 am
The Dixie Flatline (2/5/2010)
Jeff, is that new in 2008, or would it work for 2005 as well?If memory serves, parameter one is PI to 8k decimal places.
It was deprecated in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 8:55 am
Luke L (2/5/2010)
what I would do is create a stored procedure...
Heh... sorry Luke. I missed what you said above. Good to have a backup, though. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 8:54 am
The Dixie Flatline (2/5/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 6, 2010 at 8:52 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,886 through 39,900 (of 59,098 total)