Viewing 15 posts - 39,721 through 39,735 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... I just Googled "FIZZBUZZ SOLUTIONS SQL"... I'm amazed and surprised that some of those folks had the nerve to publish some of the solutions they have. Maybe it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 10:21 pm
For the kind of developers I like to hire, speed, performance, and quality all just happen. It doesn't take any longer to write quality high speed code than it does...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm
Speaking of killing things... I can't believe that anyone would put a default on a password column unless it's meant to daze and confuse. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 8:23 pm
Chris Kitchen (2/20/2010)
I've inherited this code and I'm told it that a re-write just isn't possible at the present time.
p.s. I honestly feel for you. You're told to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 8:21 pm
You mentioned that you had a fair number of deadlocks and the code causing those deadlocks is also responsible for a fair bit of your performance problem. First, when...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm
chris.nilsson (2/19/2010)
In Activity Monitor's Recent Expensive Queries, this query shows up with a Plan Count value showing around 130:
SELECT TOP 1 sMeasureNum, sMeasureDesc, DenomDesc, sQuestion1, sQuestion2, sQuestion3,
sQuestion4, sQuestion5...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:55 pm
smita.patil (2/21/2010)
Transactions.StartDate BETWEEN AmountSettings.StartDate AND AmountSettings.EndDate
AND
AmountSettings.LocationID = Transactions.LocationID OR AmountSettings.LocationID is NULL
AND
AmountSettings.BandID =Transactions.BandID OR AmountSettings.BandID IS NULL
ANd so on for other foreign keys....
but this query is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:49 pm
WayneS (2/21/2010)
Jeff Moden (2/21/2010)
[Please see the article others are pointing to and if you're not going to use the method correctly, then do use it at all.
Jeff, don't you mean...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:41 pm
You have a nice table somewhere to experiment with. We don't. Please see the article at the first link in my signature below to help us help you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:32 pm
"Downtime"? Heh... I've gotta Google that and find out what it means. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:23 pm
I personally don't like the extra overhead the XML puts on the "pipe" or the SQL Server during XML shredding. Also, since this is an SQL Server 2005 forum,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Sash Mav (2/19/2010)
Ohh buddy - that worked like a charm. I am such a fool not to think from basics.
Arun certainly has the correct idea but, being the author of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Vinay,
I've not read all of the posts on this thread so let me ask... can the system be down while you do this or not? If so, for how long?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 6:19 pm
Very cool set of links, Barry. Great blog site on your part, as well! Other than the awesome content (haven't explored it all, yet, of course) is that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2010 at 10:06 am
My bad... I didn't explain well enough. You need to find the OPEN for each CLOSED in order to pick up on the "reopens".
So far as 45 and 51...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,721 through 39,735 (of 59,098 total)