Viewing 15 posts - 39,661 through 39,675 (of 59,098 total)
erdem1973 (2/25/2010)
Thank you very much for your replies.I have solved the issue with your help..
Would you post your final code, please?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2010 at 6:20 am
By the way... I took a look at most of the code in the contest you have going on... all you folks that are converting the number to VARCHAR() 6,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2010 at 12:26 am
reidres (2/24/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 11:05 pm
Jeff Moden (2/24/2010)
Manie Verster (2/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 10:41 pm
aflores1-976495 (2/23/2010)
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 10:10 am
thomas.hill (2/23/2010)
I tried what you sent me and ran into just a small problem... but I think I fixed it...
Here's what you sent: WHERE DateEnd >= '1/1/2009'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 6:29 am
I agree with the others... IF you have the Enterprise edition, then partitioned tables would probably be the way to go.
If you don't have the Enterprise edition, then the separate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 6:25 am
Manie Verster (2/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 6:13 am
CirquedeSQLeil (2/23/2010)
Manie Verster (2/23/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (2/23/2010)
Manie Verster (2/23/2010)
One point in all this that you are missing is that when a person is in an interview, no matter how tough you are,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 5:45 am
Manie Verster (2/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2010 at 5:41 am
Paul White (2/23/2010)
The reason I didn't do it here is because I tried to convert the 2005 updatable CTE as faithfully and obviously as possible. So, the CTE just became...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2010 at 7:27 pm
mister.magoo (2/23/2010)
For those interested, here's the proper way to write the code following "my" best practices...
UPDATE dbo.TableA
SET SomeColumn = b.SomeOtherColumn
FROM dbo.TableA ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2010 at 7:25 pm
That certainly works and it's a whole lot better than a WHILE loop. It certainly shows that you have more than just a casual knowledge (as previous similar examples...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2010 at 7:14 pm
Jeff Moden (2/23/2010)
Paul White (2/22/2010)
Jeff Moden (2/22/2010)
I guess I didn't understand that one... it sets all the rows to 50 instead of doing the requested data smear.
It works on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2010 at 5:38 pm
WayneS (2/22/2010)
Paul White (2/22/2010)
WayneS (2/22/2010)
I must have missed the updated requirements... let me look at what those are and see what I can do.
The updated test data setup script is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2010 at 4:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,661 through 39,675 (of 59,098 total)