Viewing 15 posts - 39,451 through 39,465 (of 59,098 total)
That's why I was asking "which edition"... IIRC, indexed views and partitioned tables (which I believe would also help here) are only available in the Enterprise Edition (understood they're also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 8:49 am
Ah... if it was a snake, it would have bitten me...
]--It is here where I would like to concatenate the ledger(s)[/i]
I'll have to take a look at this tonight.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 8:46 am
I'm at work right now and might just be missing because I'm in a bit of a press for time, but how does what you just posted have anything to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 8:44 am
Are you using the Enterprise or Standard Edition of SQL Server?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 6:09 am
I believe that pre-aggregation would be one of the keys to speed here. Since you're running it as a job every 30 minutes, my suggestion would be to try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 5:31 am
anishrtuladhar (3/8/2010)
Do performance tuning using SSAS....... when u need.:-D
Not sure what you mean. How do you performance tune a query using SSAS?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 5:17 am
ColinChen (3/8/2010)
Now I found the issue:
Because the fieldB is varchar , and the fieldC is nvarchar.
select * from tableA where fieldB in(select fieldc from tablec)
If I alter the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2010 at 5:15 am
Nah... I was "Jonesin' " for a code problem instead of all the bloody performance problems we've had lately. Heh... I was on a "mission" on this one especially...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 9:40 pm
Ismail Ahmed (3/8/2010)
I have to add a table to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 9:18 pm
jrgustin 30365 (3/8/2010)
I am trying to create a function that will produce an avg() for the selected results based on a string containing the digit of the filed ie(rda1)....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Thanks for the referral, Paul.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 7:29 pm
dohomebiz (3/8/2010)
I figured it out. thanks for your time.
So what was the problem? Might be helpful to other folks if we knew.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 6:55 pm
MelissaLevitt (3/8/2010)
Your suggestion with the function almost worked except that I have to work with a temporary table and so I can't use the function.
I have been trying to avoid...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 6:06 pm
T-SQL_NewBie (3/8/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/7/2010)
T-SQL_NewBie (3/4/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 5:47 pm
cfradenburg (3/8/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2010 at 5:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,451 through 39,465 (of 59,098 total)