Viewing 15 posts - 39,391 through 39,405 (of 59,098 total)
'SELECT * FROM equip_output'
The only way to guarantee the order of a select is to use an ORDER BY. The fact that a table sometimes seems to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 9:29 pm
Ah... got it.
Did you modify the two functions you posted to get rid of the While Loops or do you still need some help there?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 9:20 pm
jrgustin 30365 (3/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 3:52 pm
david_wendelken (3/10/2010)
There can be performance penalties...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 3:38 pm
Dang... you're right... I forgot about the temp table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:31 am
Heh... I agree... spoonfeeding is good. One picture IS worth a thousand words. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:29 am
All we need now are some rules for what to do. For example, what do you want to do with the Antipassback entries?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:18 am
Just a thought... are any other apps besides SQL Server running on that particular box?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:15 am
Now that I've said it, the temp table thing is probably the least of your worries because they automatically drop... temp tables drop when the current session ends... globabl temp...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:11 am
A toast to birdmac1 for trying to do the right thing in the face of constant adversity and ignorance! I'm glad I'm not in your shoes but like they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 7:07 am
Very cool. Thanks for the feedback, Paul.
As a sidebar, I sometimes don't give an example because I really want people to take the time to look it up in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2010 at 6:56 am
Heh... never mind. I didn't read the original post carefully enough.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2010 at 11:54 pm
Paul White (3/10/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/10/2010)
That kind of presupposes that you know what order the delimited parameter is going to be in, doesn't it? 😀
Nope. My reading of the requirement...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2010 at 11:52 pm
Heh... not so sure about that. The article on Triangular Joins actually started out as a single post... including the graphics.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2010 at 11:46 pm
Oh I agree that a CLR would be the thing to do here. No question about that. It's just that not all Developers (or even DBA's) have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2010 at 11:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,391 through 39,405 (of 59,098 total)