Viewing 15 posts - 39,286 through 39,300 (of 59,098 total)
Steve Jones - Editor (3/17/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 8:32 am
GSquared (3/17/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/16/2010)
...I have to also strongly agree with something else you said...GSquared
"if it's clever enough to be complicated, you're doing it wrong"
One of my favorite rules. Knowledge...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 8:26 am
GSquared (3/17/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/17/2010)
What about you come in and someone else has already started a restore of the production database from midnight?
It's real simple then... They didn't call me to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 8:19 am
I'm just curious. You say it grows out of control but didn't say how big TempDB was getting. How big is it getting?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 8:03 am
What about you come in and someone else has already started a restore of the production database from midnight?
It's real simple then... They didn't call me to ask my advice...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 12:15 am
WayneS (3/16/2010)
Have you tried transforming it to an int, and then back to a string? That seems like it should do what you're trying to accomplish.
Ummm... why would you convert...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2010 at 12:06 am
Now that you mention it, I remember that post. That was before I turned on the SWAG light, though. :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 11:33 pm
Most of the ODBC Scalar functions have direct equivalents in T-SQL. But... this one is very interesting...
SELECT d = {fn CURRENT_DATE()}
I've gotta see if I can find more goodies...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 11:06 pm
Paul White (3/16/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/16/2010)
Was a real SWAG on my part, too! πScientific wild-*** guess?
Special Warfare Action Group?
Silly wild-*** guess?
Stuff we all get?
Smart wild-*** guess?
Software wild-*** guesstimate?
Sold without a guarantee?
Nah......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 11:03 pm
I was just getting ready to post that I sussed it...
ODBC timestamp data in Books Online. Was a real SWAG on my part, too! π
Thanks for the link, Paul......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:47 pm
Paul White (3/16/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/16/2010)
I assume that by "explicit date" you mean something like '1900-01-01'... and that's not a date either... that's a string that looks like a date. π
Aside...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:39 pm
Dehqon D. (3/16/2010)
I'm so sorry that I posted the same massage again and again. I'm totally new, and I didn't realize that my posts are getting to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm
29 is also my record for the number of pork chops I've had in the air at the same time. I was pretty ticked that day... π
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:04 pm
Paul White (3/16/2010)
GilaMonster (3/16/2010)
137 - The inverse of the 'fine structure constant'.
...and the 33rd prime number. Retaining the theme of a, you should probably also use 29 (the 10th...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:03 pm
ith the last couple of posts in mind, I hope everyone realizes that the big brother to "It Depends" is "Test it!". π
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 16, 2010 at 10:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,286 through 39,300 (of 59,098 total)