Viewing 15 posts - 39,241 through 39,255 (of 59,098 total)
DonaldW (3/22/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2010 at 6:44 am
Thanks for posting the solution. I apologize... for some reason I wasn't getting the fact that you were trying to create the Adjacency Set from the Hierarchical Path. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2010 at 5:47 am
Thanks for the feedback, sivakumar.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 10:24 pm
Agreed on the FLOAT conversion. Bad thing to do for the future.
Same goes with the CONVERT not because it's a bad thing for the future but because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 10:20 pm
Jagger-784276 (3/21/2010)
I am beginner.Just an example. If I have table with 3 rows and 3 columns:
customer number notes last visit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 10:00 pm
lmu92 (3/21/2010)
Sounds like "fun" to write software in an unknown language...
Heh... I've found that a lot of people who write T-SQL are actually writing in an unknown language. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:59 pm
lmu92 (3/21/2010)
either the column names you provided is wrong or you're using the wrong column (PId=31).
Other than that I guess you want to find the rows where your parameters...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:53 pm
I guess I'm the oddball. I've totally removed myself from such languages and have concentrated on T-SQL. Sounds stupid, I know, but when folks hire me, they're hiring...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:36 pm
SwePeso (3/21/2010)
david.c.holley (3/19/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:17 pm
BTW... you should never find the last day of the month because you may miss all but the first instant of that last day all together. Instead, you should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:15 pm
sivakumar.ss (3/20/2010)
xlnt solution.......
One doubt !
My requirement is like that instead of start date of every month [01/04/2007], i required end date of every month [31/04/2007]
bcoz no. of days...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 9:12 pm
Patrick Dadey (3/20/2010)
I think my problem is a bit differentthan the solution you provided in that the id of the parent
for the child in #tree is not known
Maybe...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2010 at 8:56 pm
dibbydibby (3/19/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2010 at 8:36 am
Very cool. Thanks for the feedback.
Yep... since you have 2k5 or better (didn't know that because this is a 2k forum), a CTE does make it a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2010 at 8:26 am
jcrawf02 (3/19/2010)
(fyi, these are all general 'you', I know that Jeff is not saying he is doing this)
Heh... Correct... I should have mentioned that. I can just imagine the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 19, 2010 at 8:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,241 through 39,255 (of 59,098 total)