Viewing 15 posts - 39,121 through 39,135 (of 59,098 total)
My recommendation would be to first lookup "Constraints" and the "classes" under that heading in Books Online. That's a great place to start learning about all of the different...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 7:24 pm
As a side bar, make sure you do a full blown backup of the data and the log file BEFORE you let the vendor anywhere near it. Backups before...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 7:18 pm
WayneS (4/1/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (4/1/2010)
Congrats on finding the issue.This would be a nice example of a bad loop.
Bad loop indeed. Hmm, what would be a good loop? :w00t:
Recursion to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 3:20 pm
YSLGuru (4/1/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/14/2007)
Thanks for the awesome compliment, Kenny... and thanks for the patch to the code!
Jeff - I just read over this thread and was curious if there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 11:10 am
scziege (4/1/2010)
Hi,can you send a suggestions for a design of one table with 250 millions rows ?
Greetings
Absolutely...
Step 1: Define the purpose of the of table and the underlying data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 6:26 am
jtetler (4/1/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 6:18 am
Gift Peddie (3/31/2010)
Heh... and not to worry... part of my goal is to help keep the lights on.
Thanks Microsoft made someone else MVP that was more important to me than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 6:06 am
CirquedeSQLeil (3/31/2010)
Jeff Moden (3/31/2010)
Heh... and not to worry... part of my goal is to help keep the lights on. 😉
Thanks. Now every time I read a post by you,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 6:05 am
I know of a pretty fast way using dynamic SQL... but I need more detail in order to help.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 5:57 am
David,
Looks like Lutz may have is sussed but I'll ask anyway... are you all set on this one?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2010 at 5:55 am
Heh... I love cross joins... they make good Tally tables and interesting questions. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2010 at 9:50 pm
Usually, "It depends". This time, "It doesn't matter". 😉
Even without the Temp Table and going direct, you'd likely get a recompile everytime anyway because of the amount of data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2010 at 9:45 pm
I'm a bit disappointed... no mention of the hampster poo enhancement. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2010 at 9:38 pm
jtetler (3/31/2010)
Thanks for the code. I probably won't get to try it 'til next week or so - I'll be travelling a bit, but I'll let you know how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2010 at 9:25 pm
Jeff Moden (3/31/2010)
Gift Peddie (3/31/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2010 at 9:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 39,121 through 39,135 (of 59,098 total)