Viewing 15 posts - 39,016 through 39,030 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for the links, Paul. From what I've read in those links, it looks like SQL Server is using type 4, the random based values.
The confusing part...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 8:07 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/6/2010)
It's a normal view, just of one table. So for the customers table it's
create view PassThroughCustomersas
select * from Customers
Correct. As a side bar, the only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 7:27 pm
It would seem that DBCC TIMEWARP would help here. 😉 Bits 69 and 77 need to be set for this one.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:45 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/6/2010)
Unless someone has a great argument, I am going to choose Gianluca's entry here: http://ask.sqlservercentral.com/questions/4241/whats-the-best-way-to-solve-the-fizzbuzz-question/4631#4631It seemed to perform the fastest on my machine.
I agree... in fact,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:31 pm
Paul White NZ (4/6/2010)
It will also help you to understand why the code I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:14 pm
steve-lauzon (4/6/2010)
2. Thanks also for the link. I will do so in my future post.
Heh... if you do it on this post, I might be able to provide a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm
steve-lauzon (4/6/2010)
I need help!
I got a table that contains a list of several regions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 3:27 pm
dtguin (4/6/2010)
SELECT a1.name, a1.score, COUNT(a2.score) Rank
FROM Test a1, Test a2
WHERE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm
Very nice intro. Well done. I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/6/2010)
Sorry, my fault. I'll go review the entries this week and award something soon. Likely by Monday
Heh... hey Lynn! Good suggestion on using the DBCC...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 2:50 pm
Paul White NZ (4/6/2010)
Al B (4/5/2010)
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If I'm barking up the wrong tree, I'd love to hear some alternate solutions.
The problem here is not one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 2:45 pm
pablavo (4/6/2010)
Jeff Moden(06 April 2010)
For the maximum speed, though, I'd maintain "two" main tables. One would be "online" and have a synonym pointed to it and the other one would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:57 am
yingchai (4/6/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:53 am
I agree with Ed Vassie above. Done correctly, "Agile" can really have some very strong and long overdue benefits to the business. I'm a strong advocate of correctly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:33 am
saby (4/6/2010)
Hi jeff i know that is forum is too old but i want to know ur how did u migrated it to the new server
The folks in OPs set...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2010 at 6:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 39,016 through 39,030 (of 59,098 total)