Viewing 15 posts - 38,461 through 38,475 (of 59,098 total)
Yes... Self Joined CTE with ROW_NUMBER() so you can join the rows with an offset of 1. Since you're brand new, you might want to take a look at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:17 pm
Robb Melancon (5/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:11 pm
simflex-897410 (5/11/2010)
I have fixed them up and have been able to generate data.
Please see entire scripts from Createtable, to insert, to query.
If (OBJECT_ID('dbo.HHSDataTest', 'Table') Is Not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:06 pm
The problems are many here. You're simply trying to do too much in a single GROUP BY which is why you have to duplicate so much of the SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:53 pm
shjaffer (5/11/2010)
I have this query that I want it to give me data for the 12 months.
Thanks for the sample data but... WHICH 12 months? Current Calendar year...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:45 pm
Robb Melancon (5/11/2010)
basically each row has to be compared to the previous row in order to do some calculations to get a daily "performance" of Assets/Accounts by some grouping
Unless the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:27 pm
rfranklin-741429 (5/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:19 pm
bitbucket-25253 (5/11/2010)
Last but not least, I currently only have SQL Server 2000 and 2005 installed. I indicate which rev each section of code will run on in parenthesis
Emphasis...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:18 pm
Magoo... here's what I'm talking about... if I take out the partitioning that supports the dupe check, then you probably get more like what you're expecting...
WITH
cteFirstGen AS
( --=== Gen enough...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 6:35 pm
mister.magoo (5/11/2010)
The first ten codes in the sample I tried...
10000180
10000F52
10001875
10001D17
1000221F
10003478
100035E7
10003763
10006415
100081B2
Is there some bias towards groups of characters in that solution ....
Or am...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 6:26 pm
scziege (5/11/2010)
Absolutly Great job
I love a satisfied customer. Thanks for the feedback. Most folks on this thread had the right idea to begin with...
Now... a favor from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Lowell (5/11/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 2:41 pm
sohairzaki (5/11/2010)
______________
My input file has the following format
<enterprise>
<person>
<sourcedid>
<source>111111</source>
<id>22222</id>
</sourcedid>
<name>
<fn>xxxxxxx</fn>
<n>
<family>yyyyy</family>
<given>zzzzzz</given>
</n>
</name>
<demographics>
<gender>2</gender>
</demographics>
<email>xxxxxx@fffff.edu</email>
<adr>
<street>cccccc</street>
<locality>ccccc</locality>
<region>cccc</region>
<pcode>ccccccc</pcode>
</adr>
<academics>
<academicmajor>gggggg</academicmajor>
<customrole>hhhhhh</customrole>
<customrole>dddddd</customrole>
<customrole>cccccc</customrole>
</academics>
</person>
<person>
…
</person>
</enterprise>
______________________
out put was in the form of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 2:35 pm
kazim.raza (5/11/2010)
I have joined EntityType with FullyQualifiedName. The script would treat it as another extension to levels. My last select remains intact and I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 2:26 pm
1.6 million random 8 character codes that no one can guess and they're guaranteed to be unique within the set... takes about 25 seconds on my 8 year old desktop...
WITH
cteFirstGen...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 7:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,461 through 38,475 (of 59,098 total)