Viewing 15 posts - 38,446 through 38,460 (of 59,098 total)
The one in probably the most famous article ever when it comes to how to do things using "Nested Set" hierarchies... written by none other than Joe Celko himself...
I'll also...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm
Joe Celko (5/12/2010)
REPLACE('I', '',
REPLACE('N', '',
REPLACE('P', '',
REPLACE('B', '',
REPLACE ( 'W', '', mutli_race_code),
),),),)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 1:55 pm
lmu92 (5/11/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/10/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Heh... see Kazim? I'm not the only one that want's a piece of your "architect". 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (5/12/2010)
GilaMonster (5/12/2010)
It depends.p.s. A 5-table query is not exactly complex.
Agreed.
Heh... it depends. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 12:58 pm
scziege (5/12/2010)
our customer want to make a promotion on a product package with this codes.
The customer can buy the product and insert the code onto a web page, after...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 8:07 am
Gianluca Sartori (5/12/2010)
It's strange to see that partition by seems to be faster than distinct. I would have expected to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 8:02 am
Dobermann (5/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 7:36 am
dmoldovan (5/12/2010)
Dobermann, Jeff, I appologize for being wrong this time. I did not realized in a timely manner the output that Dobermann needs.Sorry, guys :blush:
Nah... you're alright. I very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 12, 2010 at 7:03 am
The "4th row" does complicate things a bit. You have to reverse the query and run it again and then get rid of the dupes... I think this will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 10:42 pm
Dobermann (5/11/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/11/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 9:07 pm
dmoldovan (5/11/2010)
I think that a cursor, which accesses the data ordered by date, is useful in your case.
So... let's see the cursor. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 9:03 pm
Also, didn't eric_russell's code do it for you?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:49 pm
koustav_1982 (5/11/2010)
I have a complex query.
Now this query can be written as
1. A view
2. A stored Procedure
Assume that the query do not accept any parameter .
Which one should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:41 pm
Heh... you do realize that by using the 2008 VALUES clause, that all of the people still stuck in the world of 2005 or earlier either can't help you or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 11, 2010 at 8:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,446 through 38,460 (of 59,098 total)