Viewing 15 posts - 38,356 through 38,370 (of 59,098 total)
The two things that I've found work really well on a resume are...
A properly written objective... leave out the gooey stuff about how well you play with others and how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 12:23 pm
Every system has a "tipping point" and it's rather unpredictable. Try updating just a million rows... it'll probably take something much less than a minute. Then try two...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 12:14 pm
simflex-897410 (5/17/2010)
It isn't making sense to me. I am more of .net programmer but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 12:03 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (5/17/2010)
If the software is unencrypted, you can easily run a hash against the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 9:54 am
EdVassie (5/17/2010)
The one thing I would really like to see on SqlServerCentral is some way to mark an answer as good quality.
I've seen such a thing on many "forums"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 7:51 am
Kristian Ask (5/17/2010)
For some reason, when reading the previous two posts I come to think of KISS. Seems like there is a tendency to make things overly complicated....
Heh... and what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 7:38 am
Gianluca Sartori (5/17/2010)
No problem here, Jeff!Your miracle is in my "cool sql stuff" folder, it won't get wasted!
Heh... thanks, Gianluca. :blush:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 7:24 am
neelsmail (5/17/2010)
It may or may not depending on how many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 7:23 am
Sahasam (5/17/2010)
I created 3 functions and used those 3 funcions in the procedure directly by passing a parameter.
First Function Which represents first column, i...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 17, 2010 at 7:07 am
I almost forgot... I've not tested Magoo's code, but just eye-balling it tells me it's probably going to be faster than all the self-join stuff I did. Since his...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm
Dobermann (5/16/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 10:19 pm
Oh no... I understand what you're talking about and I wasn't talking about theft of "ideas"... I was talking about outright theft of code (just like plagarism) to actually start...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 7:34 pm
Heh... typical... OP wants a "miracle" and gets it. OP is never heard from again especially if you ask a favor in return. Oh well... next problem,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm
Adam Gojdas (5/13/2010)
It might be nice to change this very slightly:
,
cteCharacters AS
( --=== This is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 6:45 pm
mister.magoo (5/13/2010)
I like this a lot, but every time I see NEWID() used like this it just makes me yearn for a decent random number generator so that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 16, 2010 at 6:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,356 through 38,370 (of 59,098 total)