Viewing 15 posts - 38,296 through 38,310 (of 59,098 total)
Not sure if you got notification of an additional post so trying one more time. Did the code I post solve your problem? If not, let me know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 5:38 pm
The code isn't actually difficult to write... the first code I wrote actually worked but there's the human perception that it does not because it looks like there are dupes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 5:34 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (5/20/2010)
GilaMonster (5/20/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (5/20/2010)
I was searching for the SQLSat Utah information and came across this blog. I am uncertain if it is RSS'd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 4:12 pm
Jack Corbett (5/20/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (5/20/2010)
I was searching for the SQLSat Utah information and came across this blog. I am uncertain if it is RSS'd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 4:09 pm
BCP and Bulk Insert really don't care how many "rows" make up a "record" or whether or not each row has the same number of "fields" so long as the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm
Heh... dang it... I forgot to subtract a month and a day. Thanks for the feedback... I'll fix the error tonight after work.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 7:45 am
I haven't actually tested it but I believe that +0.0 is more effecient. At the machine language level, a simple add takes about 1-2 clock cycles... whereas a multiply...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 7:38 am
I'm not sure why you need 3 digits for days since a month can't have more than 31 days in a month, but here's my humble take on the problem......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 9:26 pm
RobD1 (5/19/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 8:35 pm
rjv_rnjn (5/19/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/18/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 4:40 pm
ColdCoffee (5/19/2010)
Thanks Jeffy;
Ummm.... not to be a stick in the mud but two people in the known universe get to call me "Jeffy"... and you're not either one of them....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 4:35 pm
Jeff Moden (5/10/2010)
BWAA-HAA!!! They must be preping us for the next release. 😛
Heh... our system DBA went to the R2 release presentation here in Detroit. He said I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 4:30 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (5/18/2010)
No, but Sybase uses T-SQL, so there will be some familiarity with the language and syntax. Thats' about it.
And... IIRC, both are based on the Rushmore...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm
Stefan_G (5/19/2010)
Dont worry about the clustered index. It should not be disabled.
Just a thought... I haven't looked all through this thread for column names and the like but if the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 8:36 am
Sahasam,
Thanks for the feedback. Before you get rid of the functions, there's a learning opportunity to be had. Create a couple hundred thousand rows and test it against...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 19, 2010 at 8:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,296 through 38,310 (of 59,098 total)