Viewing 15 posts - 38,281 through 38,295 (of 59,098 total)
sanketahir1985 (5/21/2010)
but developers have taken care of that thing ,they have used some threading concept in which it checks for thread if it is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2010 at 8:03 am
Thanks for the test data... I'll take a whack at it after I get home from work tonight.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2010 at 7:49 am
Heh... does your stored procedure take less than 5 seconds to run? If it does, then yes, either Leo's pass-through view or my synyonm swap should do the trick...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2010 at 12:15 am
... and, let's say you wanted COL7 to be a NOT NULL INTEGER column...
SELECT COL1, COL2, COL2 , COL4, COL5, COL6, ISNULL(CAST(0 AS INT),0) AS COL7
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 21, 2010 at 12:06 am
Lowell (5/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 11:46 pm
BSavoie (5/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 11:22 pm
Leo is spot on. Truncating a permanent table that's "in service" will always cause some sort of a problem in the future.
In SQL Server 2005 and up,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 11:17 pm
Not to worry... and thanks for the feedback. 🙂
If you want to learn more about the dynamic SQL Cross Tab I used, please see the following articles. Of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 10:54 pm
Details are in the comments folks. Heh... ya wanted to get rid of "repeating code", right?
--===== Conditionally drop the test table. It makes reruns easier
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 10:35 pm
elutin (5/20/2010)
I would create aggregate CLR function for this in C#.
Cool... lets see it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 8:11 pm
Suresh Kumar-284278 (5/20/2010)
I am currently in a dilemma of choosing my career path. I have been doing DB Developer role (SP writing, Query Tuning etc) for the past 5...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 8:09 pm
donato1026 (5/20/2010)
Lowell (5/20/2010)
SET...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm
Jdoggz (5/20/2010)
Select (sum(Datediff(HOUR,clkIn, clkOut))+ ':' + sum(Datediff(MINUTE,clkIn, clkOut))) as "Total Hours" from History WHERE CONVERT(CHAR(10),clkIn,1) = '05/20/10'
I get the following...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 7:16 pm
Take a look in Books Online at the NULLIF() function. It may not help directly for the load into your staging table (you do have a staging table, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 6:19 pm
Joe Celko (5/20/2010)
Let's make a simple cycle:INSERT INTO AdjTree VALUES ('foobar', 1, 1);
Damn. I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks, Joe.
We also need to compel a root with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 20, 2010 at 6:01 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,281 through 38,295 (of 59,098 total)