Viewing 15 posts - 38,251 through 38,265 (of 59,098 total)
How many rows are in your real table?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 8:05 pm
hugh.hemington (5/23/2010)
The popular stored procedure for exporting a table using BCP, with a header row doesn't work if the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 7:59 pm
Greg... for future posts, please see the article at the first link in my signature line below. It'll help you and it'll help us.
Here's one possible solution for your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 7:51 pm
sanketahir1985 (5/22/2010)
how can it be sql job? it runs after every 5 secsql job min freq. is 1 min.
That's part of my point. I agree with Leo in wondering...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 7:41 pm
From the same SQL Server 2000 BOL article but further down...
IF UPDATE (column)
Tests for an INSERT or UPDATE action to a specified column and is not used with DELETE operations....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 7:31 pm
niyonamd786 (5/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 7:15 pm
battula.praveen (3/29/2010)
See this small example and check that helps.http://praveenbattula.blogspot.com/2009/05/how-to-generate-random-numbers-in-t-sql.html
The only problem with that is that it uses RAND() alone and is good for only one row at a time.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 6:19 pm
_ms65g_ (5/23/2010)
But I do not mean publishing number table, I mean Splitting method is not simpler?
Also, A simplified method for publishing number table (no loop, no recursion, and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 6:05 pm
Paul White NZ (5/21/2010)
clementhuge (5/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 4:29 pm
ss-457805 (5/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 4:21 pm
I thought I'd "bump" this one for the OP since he provided everything requested but hasn't gotten a reply yet. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 11:26 am
_ms65g_ (5/20/2010)
DECLARE @s-2 VARCHAR(80)='Army,Navy,Air Force,Marines'
;WITH c AS
(SELECT 1 AS n
UNION ALL
SELECT n+1 FROM c WHERE n <...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 11:11 am
Thanks for the feedback, John.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 10:13 am
All that being said, I can tolerate grammatical errors (especially since I make them all time :-P) unless they make the article virtually unreadable. I AM mostly interested in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 10:09 am
Sorry... I lost track of this one, Lutz.
Looking back at this one, I wonder what I was thinking. You're correct... it would appear that the XML path query is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2010 at 9:42 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,251 through 38,265 (of 59,098 total)