Viewing 15 posts - 38,176 through 38,190 (of 59,098 total)
This isn't right. First, using base 26 numbering isn't ever the right thing to do IMHO but if you're going to do it, let's do it so it's not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 10:05 pm
ColdCoffee (5/28/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm
Atif Sheikh (5/28/2010)
How about writing a function as;[/code]
Although it's tempting to use such a thing, be very aware that the use of such scalar functions will slow your code down......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 1:45 pm
Nice job, Lowell.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm
If you have a SAN, see if it has the ability to do a "SAN Clone" or "SAN Snapshot". We did that at one company I worked at. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 1:33 pm
Perry Whittle (5/28/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/27/2010)
Just don't throw the book at me. 😛No give him a taste of his own medicine and throw a few pork chops instead 😀 :laugh:
Especially if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 12:35 pm
Sahasam (5/28/2010)
Jeff,I went through many of the questions you answered, i really like your explanations.
Thanks for simplifying the words in layman terms.
Sahasam..
Thanks, Sahasam.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 12:34 pm
nitu.guptaji (5/28/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 28, 2010 at 12:34 pm
It's a funny thing. I do SQL for a hobby, love it, and do it for a job. I also have several other hobbies but, for some reason,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 11:29 pm
Ratheesh.K.Nair (5/27/2010)
Thanks Jeff.That was really nice example and i liked the way u explained simple but really powerful so that noone will forget
Thanks for the nice compliment, Ratheesh. Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 11:09 pm
Maddy...! (5/27/2010)
I gave that statement bcoz Dave gave me some blog link to verify so i asked him and told him if you can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 11:06 pm
Good article but I guess I'm missing something. Instead of sending things in batches of "x" quantity every 10 minutes, wouldn't it just be easier to send 1 email...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 10:41 pm
How are you passing the parameters from the job to the proc? I believe that the information about service_sql is ancillary in nature and that the real problem has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm
Heh... thanks for the feedback. Just don't throw the book at me. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 9:58 pm
Paul White NZ (5/27/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/27/2010)
jcrawf02 (5/27/2010)
Paul White NZ (5/27/2010)
Note to self: avoid PeopleSoft.You have four too many letters on the end there.
Heh... ironicly, I'm glad to see I'm not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 27, 2010 at 9:51 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,176 through 38,190 (of 59,098 total)