Viewing 15 posts - 38,131 through 38,145 (of 59,098 total)
BWAA-HAA!!!! I just realized the "Deep Dive" method is nothing more than the now old "difference between two sets of ROW_NUMBER()'s trick. Stupid me for not thinking of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 7:45 pm
WayneS (5/31/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 7:39 pm
vijay.s (5/30/2010)
Paul White NZ (5/29/2010)
SELECT This.ClientCode,
This.FlowDate,
This.TempletID,
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 6:18 pm
David.Poole (5/30/2010)
Even the best designed database system is going to crack under the pressure of that much data.
Heh... it hasn't yet. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 6:10 pm
Not to worry... I was going down the same path before I gave in to the lure of the Quirky Update.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm
You bet. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for listening. Gotta run, though... I've gotta call OSHA and tell them handrails won't be necessary. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 4:36 pm
Heh... dammit. I almost didn't post my solution for fear of just that. I really wanted to see a good self referencing solution.:pinch:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 4:22 pm
Here's my take on the problem... sometimes ya just gotta cheat to keep it both simple and fast. 😛
declare @rangeTable table (start int, [end] int PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED, MinStart...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 4:08 pm
I agree with Gail and I think that's the key to answering this question. What kind of clustering are you talking about?
I don't believe the original question you were...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 3:05 pm
Lynn Pettis (5/30/2010)
Though worded differently, this looks like a cross post. Please post any answers here.
I agree... same question. I have a possible answer and I'll post it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 2:56 pm
all4miller (5/31/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 2:33 pm
lmu92 (5/31/2010)
I'm not sure if this is the fastest way, but at least it's an option... 😉
That seems to loose the bubble when the ranges on the same row are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 2:03 pm
saiphanindrait (5/31/2010)
This is Sai Phanindra and working as Production DBA in one of the top MNCs in India. I have been providing trainings during my free times. The course...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 11:27 am
all4miller (5/31/2010)
NB# I'm not sure if the top and order by are enough to guarantee the correct order if someone can comment on that will be great
Heh... I'm thinking that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 11:17 am
I guess I wouldn't do it that way then. Have you tried the code I posted?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 10:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,131 through 38,145 (of 59,098 total)