Viewing 15 posts - 38,116 through 38,130 (of 59,098 total)
Ion Freeman (6/1/2010)
; with EMP_CTE(EMPID, NAME) AS (SELECT EMPID, NAME FROM EMPLOYEE WHERE STARTDATE > '4/25/1968')
SELECT EMPID, NAME FROM EMP_CTE WHERE MGRID =...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 7:51 am
WayneS (6/1/2010)
_taz_ (6/1/2010)
yes I need to store it seperate for now.I have never done an update with a calculation. just simple
update table
set columnx=y
where columnz = null
type of stuff
thanks
First,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 7:47 am
bkirk (6/1/2010)
I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 7:42 am
Very cool feedback, Nagesh. Thank you for taking the time.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 7:36 am
naveena 78933 (6/2/2010)
SELECT id,Name, salary FROM EmpWHERE fromdate >= '1-1-82' AND today <= '12-31-06'
Ummm... no... don't use two digit years and don't use the mm-dd-yy format for such things...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 7:30 am
daniarchitect (6/2/2010)
Jeff,FInally it works!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much,have removed the character encoding,and changed the rowdelimiter........it actually imported 98 of 144 files and I think the rest requires some data clean up.
Be blessed!
Very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 5:20 am
Paul White NZ (6/2/2010)
j-1064772 (6/1/2010)
I missed that one. Could you please provide the URL ?Sure can:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic896583-338-1.aspx
Ohhh! That! I didn't realize he'd quoted you, Paul.
Yeah... that was pretty cool.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 5:16 am
Ummm... ok.... where's the code that does the actual work of importing?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 12:17 am
WayneS (6/1/2010)
Nagesh S-432384 (5/31/2010)
I 100% agree with you Jeff, my solution was for limited number of records not for huge data.Nag
How many times have you been told that some code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2010 at 12:01 am
lmu92 (6/1/2010)
daniarchitect (6/1/2010)
I have been trying it the whole night yesterday and all the day today.. and it didn't work out.. (it goes well till some point and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm
WayneS (6/1/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/31/2010)
WayneS (5/31/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2010 at 12:22 pm
j-1064772 (6/1/2010)
Paul White NZ (5/5/2010)
Jeff Moden (5/5/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2010 at 12:09 pm
The lack of feedback on this post has me worried that the OP is actually using the alphabetic increment in the unfiltered mode. Please save your company a lawsuit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2010 at 9:12 am
Nagesh S-432384 (5/31/2010)
changbluesky (5/31/2010)
---
create table mytable
(
potype varchar(10)
)
insert into mytable values
('AA'),
('BB'),
('CC')
declare @potypestring varchar(50)=''
declare @potype varchar(10)
declare mytype cursor local for
select potype from mytable
open mytype
fetch...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 8:49 pm
Well I'll be dipped. I guess I'm glad I didn't think of the "Difference between two row numbers" trick here. Without changing the number of rows in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 31, 2010 at 8:22 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,116 through 38,130 (of 59,098 total)