Viewing 15 posts - 38,041 through 38,055 (of 59,098 total)
bteraberry (6/8/2010)
Jeff Moden (6/8/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 11:14 pm
As a sidebar and extension of the problem... lookup WITH ROLLUP and WITH CUBE as associated with GROUP BY. Powerful tools there. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 11:06 pm
pujain (6/9/2010)
i need to alter multiple column in from null to not null in production server.
table have millions of records, and taking each alter is taking hours to run....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 10:57 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (6/9/2010)
Create a cursor that does essentially the same thing I just showed you.
or
Run that script, review the commands, and then set it up in a job to execute...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm
Heh... drat... day late and a dollar short. I just saw what Grant already posted.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 10:40 pm
tripri (6/9/2010)
i got a table with almost 20 columns. Now the problem is
if i do
Select * from table
i will get all the wenty columns
what if i want only 19...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 10:39 pm
To answer the question of "Is the MVP Worth It?", the answer IMHO is absolutely "No". As someone previously noted on this thread, most good MVPs (and even some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 10:31 pm
GilaMonster (6/9/2010)
Personally I lurk on forums, write blog posts and articles and present because I enjoy it, not because I'm paying dues or trying for an award. I'd be doing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 9:21 pm
blandry (6/9/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 9:19 pm
James Stover (6/9/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 8:52 pm
Understood. You might want to look into the use of [0-9] and [^0-9] just to simplify the code a bit.
Nicely done on the two row "embedded Tally Table" for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 8:26 pm
TheSQLGuru (6/9/2010)
BTW, are you at TechEd this week?
No... I've got one of those major project thingies going on at work.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 8:21 pm
I'm a little late on the feedback after the formatting fix and I apologize for that. VERY nicely done, Wayne. This will help a lot of folks just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 8:12 pm
Patrick Seegers (6/9/2010)
[font="Courier New"]Are there any opposing views on this usage?Thank you
[/font]
Sure... read the rest of the posts on this thread.
Hmmmm.... "unknown date".... sounds like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 5:40 pm
Hi Roy,
Heh... I had to laugh a bit because I'm right there with you. Seems the phrase "legacy code" usually means "problem code"... even if it was us that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 9, 2010 at 6:49 am
Viewing 15 posts - 38,041 through 38,055 (of 59,098 total)