Viewing 15 posts - 37,936 through 37,950 (of 59,098 total)
Boy Howdy! Like Gail and some of the other heavy hitters, I've had to temporarily back way off on the time I can spend on forums and I'm happy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 8:42 pm
Are you all set now?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 8:28 pm
Dave Ballantyne (11/27/2009)
The general consensus it that abs(checksum(newid()))%100 is the bettet method to generate random numbers.Heres an example from my blog
Nicely done, Dave. Here's a minor modification using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 8:27 pm
Since HASHBYTES doesn't use any form of encryption key, I'd like to suggest that someone with just a tiny bit of time on a GOOGLE search can easily find a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 1:22 pm
I second Grant's book.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm
jeffwilson2 (6/25/2010)
I am new to this forum. About a year ago I started at a company and last year they upgraded to SQL 2005 and nearly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm
carolwood (6/26/2010)
Generating random numbers is simple. Provided as part of the java.util package, the Random class makes it easy to generate numbers. Start by creating an instance of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 7:55 am
Ah... I feel much better now. I had seen the BOL info before but thought someone had come up with a new bit of info where they weren't replacing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 6:48 am
samalex (6/25/2010)
Great article, and yes I can see how running it against a large dataset could take some time. In my scenario though we're just doing a few...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 26, 2010 at 6:35 am
Ken McKelvey (6/25/2010)
Try something like:(SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT AcctNo) FROM @tmpTable WHERE AcctNo<= reg.AcctNo) AS RowNo,
Try that on a single account of, say, 20000 rows and see how long it takes. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 12:18 pm
Thomas-282729 (6/25/2010)
Michael Jenck (6/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 8:01 am
Thomas-282729 (6/25/2010)
Nick Walton (6/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 7:53 am
mike 57299 (6/23/2010)
Jeff Moden (6/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 7:44 am
Michael Jenck (6/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 7:38 am
eq2home (6/24/2010)
WITH CUBE
This feature will be removed in a future version of Microsoft SQL Server....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 25, 2010 at 7:13 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,936 through 37,950 (of 59,098 total)