Viewing 15 posts - 37,576 through 37,590 (of 59,098 total)
palla.sureshbabu (7/21/2010)
jeff,can explain it bit clear how can we schedule the job please post in detail procedure with the script.
Once aging thanks for your reply.
Don't you have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm
alen teplitsky (7/21/2010)
when i set the text qualifier to " it takes the parentheses off. but i get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:55 am
Ram:) (7/21/2010)
If we use Replicate we will have one issue..
if datalength(name)-len(name) is in negative values, I mean actual length of variable is greater than the given datalength.. Then we will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:47 am
Praveen Goud Kotha (7/21/2010)
I think we can meet your requirement by using REPLICATE function(i.e..Repeats a character expression a specified number of times)
An updated query using REPLICATE is given below
select sno+replicate('...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:42 am
Praveen Goud Kotha (7/21/2010)
What you are going to achieve with this..??Can i know where you are going to implement(practically) this..?
Praveen,
Please change your avatar. I made that avatar and I'd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:35 am
Praveen Goud Kotha (7/21/2010)
I think we can meet your requirement by using REPLICATE function(i.e..Repeats a character expression a specified number of times)
An updated query using REPLICATE is given below
select sno+replicate('...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:32 am
Matt,
Could you post the T-SQL Function you ran against, please? Thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 11:27 am
kjc-1057161 (7/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 6:26 am
Mike C (7/20/2010)
I'll have to look a little closer at that one tomorrow. Is multirow variable aggregation as unsafe as multirow string concatenation?
Gosh, Mike, I'm not sure why people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 6:21 am
Chris Morris-439714 (7/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 10:17 pm
Denesh Naidoo (7/20/2010)
Have a look at the link below:
Sorry but absolutely not. It's not the cursor that makes things slow... it's the WHILE LOOP. Converting a cursor to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 10:07 pm
kjc-1057161 (7/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 9:53 pm
Eugene Elutin (7/19/2010)
The fasterst string manipulations would be byte by byte. Not so elegant, a lot of manual coding, but -very fast.
Now, I'll definitely agree with THAT! Done...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 9:20 pm
Hugo Kornelis (7/20/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/19/2010)
ROLLUP
Specifies that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 9:13 pm
bryan.duchesne (7/20/2010)
No, I am not trying to make the data any longer. In some cases I just want to change the content or blank it out.
I guess we need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2010 at 9:09 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,576 through 37,590 (of 59,098 total)