Viewing 15 posts - 37,561 through 37,575 (of 59,098 total)
Joe Celko (7/22/2010)
brian.cook (7/22/2010)
Thanks, I knew it would be something simple!
Actually, using the proprietary MONEY is a huge problem. It does not divide or multiply correctly. It does...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 11:40 am
kscott-851323 (7/22/2010)
I have multiple SSIS packages importing data from flat files that are tab delimited. The issue I am having is the source files column position can change without...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 11:35 am
sturner (7/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 11:32 am
You also have to think about licensing costs which may or may not be at the core level.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 11:23 am
Chris Morris-439714 (7/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 11:06 am
peter-757102 (7/22/2010)
Mike C (7/21/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/21/2010)
Mike C (7/20/2010)
I'll have to look a little closer at that one tomorrow. Is multirow variable aggregation as unsafe as multirow string concatenation?
Gosh, Mike,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 8:04 am
Mike C (7/21/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/21/2010)
Mike C (7/20/2010)
I'll have to look a little closer at that one tomorrow. Is multirow variable aggregation as unsafe as multirow string concatenation?
Gosh, Mike, I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 8:00 am
Steve Jones,
If you see this, I believe this article needs an "Interesting Discussion" flag.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 7:35 am
Mike Carey-249880 (7/22/2010)
would like to see how these queries perform using CTE instead
Heh... so write the CTE's and let's see the test results, Mike. The author did provide the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 7:23 am
I agree with Johannes Krackowizer... the two queries are not the same. The correlated subquery is effectively an outer join. After a bit of repair to make both...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 7:05 am
glen.Gorman (7/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 22, 2010 at 6:50 am
Ram:) (7/21/2010)
Hi,Sorry.. I was reposted this before Lynn's reply.. Thanks everybody and Lynn..
Please correct me on using replicate..
Ah... understood.
Either way is fine for performance.... the CAST method is a bit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 12:23 pm
Adam Haines (7/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 12:21 pm
alen teplitsky (7/21/2010)
as soon as i got rid of that quote it went further than line 3 and to line 41. now i have to check the entire file which...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 12:20 pm
Robb Melancon (7/20/2010)
I have read through the discussion pages related to your article titled "Solving the Running Total & Ordianl Rank Problems". There is also another thread with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2010 at 12:13 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,561 through 37,575 (of 59,098 total)