Viewing 15 posts - 37,411 through 37,425 (of 59,098 total)
Never mind... 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 5, 2010 at 6:46 pm
irobertson (8/4/2010)
tl;dr: nulls in subqueried columns will cause you to incorrectly return no results unless you specifically exclude them...Cheers, Iain
Nulls cannot be compared to anything, not even other Nulls. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 5, 2010 at 12:14 am
drew.allen (8/4/2010)
Even though dates are stored as real numbers, you really should be using DateAdd().Drew
Whether I agree with such claims or not, such claims should be accompanied by links and/or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 5, 2010 at 12:02 am
Michael.D (8/4/2010)
I'm rather a newbie with SQL Server and am trying out SQL Express 2008 R2.
I have the option selected for Built-in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 11:42 pm
kalivaraprasadm (8/4/2010)
I have one table with 100 columns.
That contains One clustered Index and 99 Non_clustered Indexes.
Already table have 2 Lakhs Records.
Is any performance issue when i am inserting new...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 11:38 pm
AndrewSQLDBA (8/4/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 11:33 pm
jessajr (8/4/2010)
Can you please check my code since I'm having syntax problem based on dynamic pivot table I read.
Error is:
Msg 102, Level 15, State 1, Line 26
Incorrect syntax near '8'.
DECLARE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 11:28 pm
MaricopaJoe (8/4/2010)
What I am seeing is all the formatting is being done in the SQL. I wonder what MS says?
I agree that "it depends"... but to clarify a bit.
So...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 11:19 pm
Grant Fritchey (8/4/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 6:25 am
niyinks (8/3/2010)
I am new at SQL, so pls bear with me. How do I correct my code below
select '1' [union] ,type,SHORTHAND,num,denom,[current],past,round([current]-past,1) current_past,
round((2.0*num+power(3.0902,2)-3.0902*SQRT(power(3.0902,2)+4.0*num*(1-[current])))/(2.0*(denom+power(3.0902,2))),6) lower_l2,
round((2.0*num+power(3.0902,2)+3.0902*SQRT(power(3.0902,2)+4.0*num*(1-[current])))/(2.0*(denom+power(3.0902,2))),6) upper_l2,
Peer_Max,Peer_Min,quarter
I keep getting this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 6:20 am
I haven't done a deep dive on all the code but, if this works as advertised, it's an awesome solution for the problem stated. Thanks for taking the time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 4, 2010 at 6:10 am
I saw an advertisement for a particular recruiting shop. One of the things they say that they and their clients owe their success to is correct appreciation, utilization, maintenance,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm
Lots of folks insist that managers talking to developers is one way to have a great product and interested developers. There are two major parts missing from that equation......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2010 at 9:01 pm
Alvin Ramard (8/2/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/2/2010)
Gianluca Sartori (8/2/2010)
What exactly are you americans doing at work that makes you worth all that money?
Heh... we don't get to keep all that. Most...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2010 at 7:25 am
Lynn Pettis (8/2/2010)
Gianluca Sartori (8/2/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/2/2010)
Gianluca Sartori (8/2/2010)
BTW, my hourly rate is around 11 euros (14 dollars).
Wow! If that's actually true, that's WAY too low for someone of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2010 at 7:21 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,411 through 37,425 (of 59,098 total)