Viewing 15 posts - 37,351 through 37,365 (of 59,098 total)
tom.groszko (8/10/2010)
With SQL2008 you do have the option of a table variable. I was using XML and found that the table variable provided all the flexibility but was much faster.
Any...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 7:24 am
Be careful with the code in the article. Be aware that it doesn't do full validation. It only evaluates what's right and give no indication as to what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 7:06 am
I'm torn. The article is well written and the code examples are pertinent to the article. However...
It was a quick read I did through the article so I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 6:53 am
jcboyer-1091017 (8/10/2010)
EXEC sp_xml_preparedocument @idoc OUTPUT, @XMLParameters
insert into...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 6:33 am
Chris Morris-439714 (8/10/2010)
Lynn Pettis (8/9/2010)
bitbucket-25253 (8/9/2010)
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic965546-1292-1.aspx#bm966047
For a community which attempts to help, even the most inept, and helps so many this guy Celko is a real...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 6:13 am
Steve Jones - Editor (8/9/2010)
If only I had a shirt like that .....
😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 10, 2010 at 5:53 am
Novicejatt (8/6/2010)
Yes I did. But I don't have so much experience in SQL. Also I'm working in weeks. I tried to modify the query but could not get it to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 9:31 pm
KBSK (8/9/2010)
its better i would've gone through SSIS approach...Now i got a bad impression 🙁
Thanks,
KB
Ummm... are you saying that other people have a bad impression of you because of this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 9:22 pm
ssis learner__ (8/9/2010)
I used your code with union all and QUOTENAME,
It works fine with all datatypes...
SELECT 'SELECT ' + QUOTENAME(cal,'''')+',' ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 9:14 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (8/6/2010)
I'm not a big candy guy, but there is one that I usually can't resist.
I fully understand why... the package looks like your shirt. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 9:04 pm
Lynn Pettis (8/9/2010)
Alvin Ramard (8/9/2010)
Hey Lynn! Howzit goin, eh? 🙂
Boring day. In processing with Security and HOUR, get to my cube (already missing having an office) and no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 8:58 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (8/9/2010)
Chris Morris-439714 (8/9/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (8/9/2010)
Is it wrong to cry when someone tells me they don't know what Bulk-Logged is?http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic961511-146-2.aspx#bm966015
It's a forestry expression.
That is scary - check the timestamps of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 8:54 pm
Dave Ballantyne (8/9/2010)
Woot woot , just got my speaker selection email for sqlbits. Time to get some material together now..
Congratulations and I understand the EXCITEMENT!!!!! :-P;-):-P;-) I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 8:52 pm
CELKO (8/9/2010)
No, you have a lot of conceptual problems. You do not know the correct terms for RDBMS and SQL, or how do a data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 8:49 pm
blackbird (8/9/2010)
Why are you using a WHERE IN instead of an INNER JOIN? Generally the INNER JOIN has a better performance and looks cleaner. 🙂
I'd post my code that shows...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2010 at 8:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,351 through 37,365 (of 59,098 total)