Viewing 15 posts - 37,126 through 37,140 (of 59,098 total)
Silverfox (8/25/2010)
Didnt realise your a MVP Jeff, Congrats...;-)
Thanks for the congrats. This is actually my 3rd year as an MVP. Like I said, I don't play it up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2010 at 9:26 pm
the cloud might be more trouble than it's worth
'Nuff Said! 😉 Next problem please. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 9:17 pm
This should take seconds, not minutes. Any chance of you posting what the dynamic SQL renders out to during run time?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 8:55 pm
Grant Fritchey (8/24/2010)
I need the XML query within Reporting Services, not a regular XML XQuery, the one that is part of defining a data set.
Sorry to bug you with a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 8:12 pm
jayraj0071 (8/24/2010)
somebody provide sample data of table!!!
Heh... Why? OP is happy with the answer to lookup UNPIVOT. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm
Grant Fritchey (8/24/2010)
This won't be a popular answer, but, you're an MVP. You have access to a full license. You just have to register and turn it on.
It's a funny...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 7:46 pm
chrs-513176 (8/24/2010)
Yeah, I did try that but to no avail. I'll work on it a little more and let you know if I find a solution.
Heh... no need... there's more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 7:24 pm
Ray K (8/24/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/23/2010)
dbowlin (8/23/2010)
Ray K (8/23/2010)
Brandie Tarvin (8/23/2010)
flood"Noah . . . I want you to build an ark . . . "
Lord...What's an ark? (From an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 7:10 pm
Heh... nah... 5 pages about the philosophy of NULL instead. So much for not hijacking this thread.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 7:07 pm
Alvin Ramard (8/24/2010)
GilaMonster (8/24/2010)
Alvin Ramard (8/24/2010)
Don't you use a triangular join to join 3 tables? 😛That means you'll need a CROSS JOIN for 4 tables. :hehe:
Yep.
I'm clueless about what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:58 pm
Alvin Ramard (8/24/2010)
GilaMonster (8/24/2010)
It'll have to be a HASH join, it's advertised as the one that handles large numbers.
I guess that 6 tables would be one hex of a join....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:54 pm
inampudianil (8/24/2010)
Hey Wayne,Any update on this..plzz help me out..:-)
I'd help but I just don't have the time to fix your data and table so they work together. If you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:49 pm
WayneS (8/10/2010)
-- since you already have a clustered index, we need to dump the table to a temp table
-- where we can build the clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:41 pm
Mike01 (8/13/2010)
How about using a CTE?
Mike... 2k forum. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:40 pm
TheSQLGuru (8/24/2010)
1) You should do it when it needs to be done. many variables to that answer.
And, remember, if you do it while you're writing code by following best...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2010 at 6:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,126 through 37,140 (of 59,098 total)