Viewing 15 posts - 37,096 through 37,110 (of 59,098 total)
Quatrei.X (8/27/2010)[hrCool! thanks, I needed this... uhmmm, I have a question about this but in a different forum/section (don't wanna double post)...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic975437-392-1.aspx?Update=1
hope you can look at it.
Thanks in advance!...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 6:53 pm
steveb. (8/26/2010)
Quatrei.X (8/26/2010)
:hehe: I was planning to create a generic function which gets a comma separated list of words in a string and use CTE to seperate those strings...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 6:50 pm
ColdCoffee (8/27/2010)
Quatrei.X (8/27/2010)
Use tally table or CTE... which is a better practice? (although I'm already thinking of CTE but still wanna hear from you guys)
Jeff Moden's CTE in his...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 6:43 pm
GilaMonster (8/27/2010)
Quatrei.X (8/27/2010)
Query costs relative to batch is 84% for the first one and 16% for the second.
Those costs are estimates. There are lots of things that make the estimates...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 6:33 pm
shield_21 (8/27/2010)
Here's another method for splitting comma separated values using recursive cte without using tally table.. When the string contains more than 8000 characters, this performs quite faster (otherwise...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 6:29 pm
David in .AU (8/27/2010)
Come on, show the color of your spandex...
As for me, Atomic Robo, has a lot more fun with technology that I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 5:12 pm
Ram:) (8/27/2010)
Yes, Here the purpose is I will get bill_ids as a string from application.. I want which id's are missing in between.. Just for reporting Purpose which we are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 5:10 pm
Mark-101232 (8/27/2010)
WayneS (8/27/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/26/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 27, 2010 at 5:09 pm
I try to stick with the real life super heroes. Steve Jones comes to mind. I also see a bunch of dedicated heavy hitters on this forum that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:47 pm
akhilesh.aggarwal123 (6/2/2010)
James Rizzo you rocks!!!I just registered to thank you!!!:-D
That's a cool thing to do.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:38 pm
Alex-668179 (8/26/2010)
AFAIK, NULL is the only way to leave a field empty!
I disagree: setting a field to NULL does not 'leave [or make] a field empty', instead it makes (or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:36 pm
Ness (8/26/2010)
SSIS?
To the best of my knowledge, SSIS doesn't have anything to get file sizes. You'd need to write a script of do a bit of an add in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:31 pm
chrs-513176 (8/26/2010)
This gives me what I need. Thanks for the help Jeff!
You bet... thanks for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:28 pm
Riskworks (8/26/2010)
Yep, you are right. I meant to subtract a mi or even ss which would work as well to get right...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:24 pm
WayneS (8/26/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/26/2010)
drew.allen (8/25/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 26, 2010 at 11:17 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,096 through 37,110 (of 59,098 total)