Viewing 15 posts - 37,066 through 37,080 (of 59,098 total)
pietlinden (8/28/2010)
Say for the sake of argument...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 2:20 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Brian. And you and I have said virtually the same thing now on NVARCHAR(MAX)... 2GB max storage requirement (same as VARCHAR(MAX)), 1GB max displayable characters....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 2:13 pm
Since you have no data that we can actually play with, all I can do is give you a suggestion... see the following article...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Crosstab/65048/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm
You'd figure that after 7 hears on this site, that I'd have run into this fun and informative article by now. As an update, the SQL Server documentation now...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 2:02 pm
It's always fun to look at that stuff at the byte level. Thanks for posting it, Brian. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 1:55 pm
Heh... now you're on it. And folks don't even have to hold office to do such a wonderful thing. Just show up. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 1:30 pm
Alvin Ramard (8/27/2010)
How many times must I repeat this? We do not need a DBA!!!!http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic976708-266-1.aspx#bm976772
Looks like someone's about to have a great weekend.
Let's hum them a work tune to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (8/28/2010)
I'll never think of "comma delimited" in the same way againForum Post title:
To split comma delimiterd string
Has somebody been leaving hamster poo in here?:hehe:
Heh... nope. Wrong kind of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 1:08 pm
It's not a matter of formatting with them... it's a matter of not destroying formatting with them.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 1:01 pm
Ariadne (1/9/2009)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm
Brian O'Leary (8/28/2010)
TryWHERE [Timestamp] >= '2010-08-28 00:00:00.000' and [Timestamp] <= '2010-08-28 23:59:59.999';
Hi Brian,
That's not the recommended way to do things because 1)... 23:59:59.999 rounds UP to the next day for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm
Brian O'Leary (8/28/2010)
I forgot to add, I believe the nvarchar(max) is roughly 2GB
Look it up in Books online where you'll find that although it contains a binary 2GB, it will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm
You're simple trying to do too much all at once. Do the pivot first... then display it and the other information. It's called "pre-aggregation" (thanks Peter Larsson) and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 12:39 pm
Heh... nah... I thought I made a mistake but I was... ummm.. mistaken. 🙂
The mistake is in BOL. They claim that there are 8096 bytes per row in that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (8/28/2010)
Thanks Jeff for outlining it so well.
I may have made a slight mistake but the end result is the same. Let me figure out the mistake.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 28, 2010 at 11:40 am
Viewing 15 posts - 37,066 through 37,080 (of 59,098 total)