Viewing 15 posts - 36,736 through 36,750 (of 59,099 total)
Joe Contreras-290946 (9/18/2010)
dynamically building tables in SQL
Create table based on SQL
SELECT Into
I couldn't remember the exact syntax and it was driving me nuts. It...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 5:42 pm
Perry Whittle (9/18/2010)
Hi Jeffresults attached. I have a HP laptop with win XP SP2, 3GB RAM and AMD Turion x2 1.9ghz
query took 23 mins 21 secs
Regards
Perry
Heh... I bought a brand...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 5:36 pm
I have to admit that unless you know what you're looking for, this one is hard to find in BOL. GOOGLE? That might be a different story...
http://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=how+to+create+a+table+using+select+%2B%22SQL+SERVER%22
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:36 pm
Nicely done, Lowell. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:32 pm
@Randy,
If you get a solution for this, please share it. And whether you get a solution or not, could you explain a bit more about why you need to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm
Eric Russell 13013 (9/17/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/16/2010)
I'm curious... Why do the folks that imposed this requirement think that it's a good idea to do?
There are a narrow range of data modeling...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:28 pm
Can't you just write a batch file loop for this?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:22 pm
LutzM (9/18/2010)
Side note:You might want to consider reformatting queries with rather long statements to improve readability...
Since it's all upper case with a pot wad of underscores, I wonder if this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:18 pm
I agree with gah. Kingston's code does exactly what you asked for.
At this point, I suggest you read and heed the article at the first link in my signature...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 4:12 pm
Oh yeah... I almost forgot. Here's the default collation on my desktop box...
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
... and on my server box...
SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS
What we need to find out now is why XML seems to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 10:29 am
Ok, Oleg... not sure what the differences are between your machine and the two that I'm running but the Tally table beats the two XML methods pretty badly on both....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 10:24 am
My tests DO reflect the total picture... just not on your machine. 😉 They show the test results on my machine. It's obvious that my machine is different...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2010 at 8:05 am
Long story short... I wouldn't use XML for splitting if I were you. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2010 at 7:59 pm
Ok... here we go...
First, here are 4 functions. I believe Oleg will recognize the one called "XML-1 (Split8KXML1 mlTVF)"....
--=====================================================================================================================
-- Create the various functions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2010 at 7:57 pm
dant12 (9/16/2010)
Jeff Moden (9/15/2010)
Jeff Moden (8/3/2010)
dant12 (8/2/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 36,736 through 36,750 (of 59,099 total)