Viewing 15 posts - 22,081 through 22,095 (of 59,098 total)
It's a great start to 2015. My good friend and fellow SQL warrior Gianluca Sartori (aka, the "Spaghetti DBA") has finally awarded the SQL Server MVP award! The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 4:49 pm
spaghettidba (1/2/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 3:45 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/2/2015)
If you're feeling the itch and things are slow.....Looking for good ... articles on practical topics.
Heh... I've got a bunch that I've been researching...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/2/2015)
Stefan Krzywicki (1/2/2015)
Happy New Year everyone!Who, like me, is at work today?
I must be the saddest (read nerdiest/most pathetic) in this bunch, got the day off but still...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm
Phil Parkin (1/2/2015)
Viewing the XML for the execution plan, there are references to the CONVERT_IMPLICIT() function.
I only looked at the "properties" in the execution plan. I'll go back to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 1:09 pm
I agree with Eirikur on this. I don't see an implicit conversion on the typical million row test and, not that you'd ever put an index on such a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 8:30 am
Stefan Krzywicki (1/2/2015)
Happy New Year everyone!Who, like me, is at work today?
Me. Covering for the younger folks that have families.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 8:10 am
ScottPletcher (1/2/2015)
GilaMonster (12/31/2014)
Luis Cazares (12/30/2014)
Yes, it's possible, but I wouldn't advice on using decimals on calculations as it's easy to get it wrong.
It's also far less clear than a DATEADD...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 2, 2015 at 8:09 am
spaghettidba (1/1/2015)
And there's a very special thank you message for every single one of you on my blog here! 🙂
Thank you for involving me in the most...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2015 at 7:24 pm
Ah... dang it! I forgot to do one of the most important things there is for the new year... change the bands on the pork chop launcher! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2015 at 1:50 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/1/2015)
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you and yours, Steve!
Same to everyone else! Have a very happy New Year! Lot's of good stuff...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 1, 2015 at 1:44 pm
Ah. Understood.
The first article the PietLinden pointed you to has a near twin right here on SSC. It's located at the following URL:
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Hierarchy/94040/
That article shows how to convert...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2014 at 6:14 pm
pietlinden (12/31/2014)
I was waiting for Jeff Moden to answer, but since he hasn't yet, you might want to read his article:http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/94570/
or
Or maybe one by Dwain Camps
https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/performance/the-performance-of-traversing-a-sql-hierarchy-/
Thanks Pieter.
@JeeTee,
What I'm trying to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2014 at 5:27 pm
Conrad Muller (12/31/2014)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2014 at 5:16 pm
SQLalchemy (12/26/2014)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 31, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 22,081 through 22,095 (of 59,098 total)