Viewing 15 posts - 22,006 through 22,020 (of 59,098 total)
I'll add that if the shop will primarily be a .NET shop, I'd go with SQL Server.
On a personal note, I've found Oracle to be pretty restrictive in some of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 1:57 pm
That's from a pretty old post of mine. Jet drivers are not available on 64 bit machines. You'll need the new ACE drivers from MS. It's pretty...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 1:52 pm
The problem could be that the file is actually a Unicode file and you might need to use the "-w" option. Look at the first 3 bytes of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 1:37 pm
plamannkathy (1/8/2015)
I am using Ola Hallengren's Maintenance Solution. I noticed that the differential backups have the .bak extension. Does anyone know how I could change this to a .dif...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 8:41 am
Now, based on what I just said, one of my first questions on an SQL Server technical interview for DBAs and Developers alike is "How do you get the current...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 8:31 am
I don't think it was a weird question at all and Lowell is [font="Arial Black"]absolutely [/font]spot on about the question. There's so much that you can tell about an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2015 at 8:12 am
SQLRNNR (1/7/2015)
So, just a point of curiosity.Will there ever be a fix for that snafu a bit back that obliterated points for a bunch of threadizens?
Heh... nah... just renenter all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Ed Wagner (1/7/2015)
Koen Verbeeck (1/7/2015)
Sean Lange (1/6/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 4:46 pm
JP10 (1/7/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 1:20 pm
All six of those recommendations are absolute cannon fodder written by people who obviously have no clue about anything having to do with SQLServer. Some of them are, in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 1:16 pm
Herpington_McDerpington (1/6/2015)
Thus far I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 9:12 am
Herpington_McDerpington (1/6/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2015 at 9:10 am
Grant Fritchey (1/6/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2015 at 11:44 pm
dwain.c (1/6/2015)
SQLRNNR (1/6/2015)
Lynn Pettis (1/6/2015)
Luis Cazares (1/6/2015)
dwain.c (1/6/2015)
Lynn Pettis (1/6/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2015 at 11:36 pm
djordan 4543 (1/6/2015)
I found the solution from this hp article http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/Getdocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-2072ENW I am able to calculate Cpu consumption core rate at 360 mb/s
It won't help. As with every installation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2015 at 11:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 22,006 through 22,020 (of 59,098 total)