Viewing 15 posts - 21,931 through 21,945 (of 59,098 total)
TheSQLGuru (1/12/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/11/2015)
Or just make them run better. 😉 Then there won't be a problem that you have to throttle or manage.
Not true Jeff. You can absolutely...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 12, 2015 at 7:48 am
Jeff Moden (1/11/2015)
mesgetachew (1/10/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 10:19 pm
Reminds me of a question I once saw on a non-MS exam...
Which of the following Recovery Models will allow for minimally logged index rebuilds?
A. Bulk Logged
B. Bulk-Logged
C. Bulk_Logged
D. BulkLogged
😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 10:14 pm
marybeth1975 (1/11/2015)
Hi I'm just trying to create a dataset that I can query against to perform calculation per month. Thank you!
Exactly why I don't understand the desired output you provided.
Anyway,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:41 pm
In that case and pretending this is your actual data...
SELECT RowNum = ROW_NUMBER() OVER (PARTITION BY i_ticket_id ORDER BY dt_when)
,i_transaction_id
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:39 pm
mesgetachew (1/10/2015)
Would appreciate if anyone knows a query that lists all databases, in an instance, that are not accessed before a given date (e.g., not accessed before December 31, 2014)?
BEFORE?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:34 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:28 pm
nharris (1/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:26 pm
chef423 (1/11/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/11/2015)
How do you want to handle 58475 when the following happens?
i_transaction_id c_amount dt_when ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Yep... that's why I was willing to put up credits to Navy beans.:-D
See my previous post where I ask a question on what happens if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:22 pm
You need to get someone on site to help you. Index and stats maintenance needs to be checked and maybe implemented. If you don't have anyone that's SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:20 pm
I can't speak for Kevin but I roll my own, as well. Two different types but both use carefully created, hardcoded triggers. Notice that I didn't say "hand...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Just remember that Instant File Initialization doesn't do squat for log files.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 8:55 pm
TheSQLGuru (1/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 8:53 pm
Lowell (1/11/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 11, 2015 at 7:39 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,931 through 21,945 (of 59,098 total)