Viewing 15 posts - 21,811 through 21,825 (of 59,098 total)
lawlietdba (1/21/2015)
Please guide me in re writing the trigger for two scenarios which you have advised ... I'm very much interested in doing
That ... I have given the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2015 at 7:54 am
These two movies by Kimberly Tripp should help you a lot.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/gg545009.aspx
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/gg545008.aspx
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 3:15 pm
I believe it's as simple as backing up and restoring by file name. If you need to do a restore and the partition file isn't read_only, then you'll need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 3:12 pm
RonKyle (1/20/2015)
It's a real fun trip through the code if even one well used column has its datatype changed.
Just because something is difficult on change doesn't mean it's a bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 2:58 pm
John Mitchell-245523 (1/15/2015)
SQLvis (1/15/2015)
Is there a list of standard object nomenclature for indexes, procedures, functions, and views (etc) that most teams should follow?
Not really. It's more important to have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Brandie Tarvin (1/20/2015)
Lately it seems many of our databases are growing "extra large"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 9:46 am
ScottPletcher (1/20/2015)
Jeff Moden (1/19/2015)
ScottPletcher (1/19/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 9:34 am
richardmgreen1 (1/20/2015)
Hi JeffI think that just about covers it.
I'll also need the dates so I can do a DATEDIFF to find the number of days.
K. Thanks, Richard. I'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 7:44 am
Grant Fritchey (1/20/2015)
Doing the rebuilds online can reduce contention, but it will increase the amount of time it takes. It's a tradeoff.
I've been doing some experiments concerning the differences between...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 7:43 am
You bet. Thank you for your feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 7:35 am
mw112009 (1/20/2015)
Sorry what I meant when I said "DO NOT REPLY" is I had already found the solution. Didn't want to bother anyone.
Ah... got it. Thanks for your consideration.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2015 at 7:34 am
Eirikur Eiriksson (1/19/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2015 at 11:17 pm
danurbin (1/19/2015)
Use[Code]
Set NoCount ON
[/code]
at the beginning of the script. for good measure, turn it back off when done...
Shouldn't need to turn it off. When the session closes, so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2015 at 5:48 pm
mw112009 (1/19/2015)
use masterselect top 100 * from sys.databases order by name
DONE! Do not reply
"Do not reply"??? What's up with that? Heh... DO NOT REPLY... it's a rhetorical question. 😛
Also,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2015 at 5:43 pm
It sounds more like you want "auditing" than a trace.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2015 at 5:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,811 through 21,825 (of 59,098 total)