Viewing 15 posts - 21,631 through 21,645 (of 59,098 total)
dwain.c (2/3/2015)
One day you'll want to add "4 - prior customer" for a contact that used to be a customer but is no longer paying for your services.
I'd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 11:11 pm
Sorry. I may have jumped the gun a bit on that recommendation. Again, I'm a bit ignorant as to what some of these central backup systems do by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 11:02 pm
To cover some of what has been said, 35 inserts per second should be trivial for a well written audit system. It's usually the tables or a shedload of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 10:53 pm
MMartin1 (2/3/2015)
Eric M Russell (2/3/2015)
MMartin1 (2/3/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 10:47 pm
I might be the only one but I don't care for central management tools for backups not because any of them are particularly bad but because if the box that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 10:42 pm
To be honest, I'd use SQL Server native backups for such a small number of servers.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 1:44 pm
I've read/written from/to the registry for certain crazy imports back in the days of the JET drivers. I also use it to read the default backup directory paths that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 10:42 am
Joy Smith San (2/3/2015)
No much free space in the DB, so shrinking will not release any space to drive.
Shrinking log file is also not an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 10:37 am
CELKO (2/3/2015)
I will study your advice and I'm appreciative that I have been flamed by the famous Joe Celko. I've heard that you are tough but I don't mind...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2015 at 8:37 am
tcronin 95651 (2/2/2015)
If you want to be the blowhard at the SQL conferences that has to be listened to for affirmation go for it.
You sound a bit sour there (maybe...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 11:14 pm
HookSqlDba7 (2/2/2015)
We are planning to implement a new SQL Server 2014 OLTP Database with a 1 TB Data file and 1 TB Log File. I am looking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 10:49 pm
CELKO (2/2/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 10:04 pm
Have an old app that imports data into a MSSQL server DB using an ODBC connection.
To be honest, because of the CID=1 thing, all of the solutions so far look...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 6:22 pm
elkinfortiz (2/2/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 11:58 am
sharonsql2013 (2/2/2015)
How can I swap...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2015 at 11:55 am
Viewing 15 posts - 21,631 through 21,645 (of 59,098 total)