Viewing 15 posts - 21,526 through 21,540 (of 59,098 total)
You building what is sometimes referred to as "poor man's replication". Wouldn't it just be easier to setup Transactional Replication and be done with it?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2015 at 12:23 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (2/17/2015)
Grant Fritchey (2/17/2015)
Not mentioned is the OS. If I only have two drives, the OS on one and everything else on the other.
Any ref here?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2015 at 12:19 am
MMartin1 (2/17/2015)
you could employ a simple snapshot table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2015 at 1:38 pm
vipin_jha123 (2/16/2015)
I want to have chcecksum value of all the column in my table. In ssis pacakge I used script component MD5 , but now I have converted ssis...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 11:31 pm
Lynn Pettis (2/16/2015)
... Mark one off, 11 days on the calendar to go. 11 days on the calendar to go, 11 days to go, ...
You're getting real close, Lynn....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 10:59 pm
vipin_jha123 (2/16/2015)
1- I want to drop the column Rowchecksum to all the table where table name start with ArchiveBbx
2-I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 10:54 pm
Great article, Steve. There's been no excuse for any code that's susceptible to SQL or any other type of injection for years and yet it's still the most common...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 10:49 pm
Any changes the REORGANIZE makes to an index are fully logged in the log file rather than minimally logged if you do an index REBUILD in the BULK LOGGED mode....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 10:37 pm
WhiteLotus (2/16/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 4:04 pm
I'll second Gail's recommendation. If it's a huge database, then something a bit more complicated might work better once it's setup.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 9:03 am
GilaMonster (2/16/2015)
I hate seeing that in queries.
Ditto that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 8:55 am
TomThomson (2/16/2015)
Sioban Krzywicki (2/15/2015)
TomThomson (2/14/2015)
Lynn Pettis (2/14/2015)
TomThomson (2/14/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (2/7/2015)
TomThomson (2/7/2015)
Grant Fritchey (2/5/2015)
Really? Yankees fans? Are they even human?Usually not - they're mostly American.
Tom, must say that I find this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2015 at 6:26 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/22/2015)
bump
The difficult part for me is that I've already written about most of the generic solutions that I've used in the real world and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2015 at 5:50 pm
nikki123 (2/9/2015)
hi
I need to import multiple csv files and load into table and everytime new database has to be created .
I was able to create new databases using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2015 at 5:30 pm
CooLDBA (2/12/2015)
I had done it in the past with similar requirements.
Ah... I'm sorry. Please accept my apologies. I didn't mean to be sarcastic on my last response. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2015 at 5:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,526 through 21,540 (of 59,098 total)