Viewing 15 posts - 21,211 through 21,225 (of 59,098 total)
draganl2000 (3/23/2015)
TRANSFORM First(Eval1to4.answer) AS FirstOfanswer SELECT Eval1to4.evalOid, Membershiptypemap.mappedvalue as membership, First(Eval1to4.answer) AS [Total Of answer] FROM (Members RIGHT JOIN (Eval1to4 LEFT JOIN Orders ON Eval1to4.evalOid =...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 9:52 am
REYES_MONIKA (3/23/2015)
You Guys are the BEST!!! Many helpful tips and pointers!:) So much detail, thank you all very very much.Thank you Eirikur Eiriksson, Jeff Moden & ZZartin.
Heh......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 9:38 am
You can't use BULK INSERT to import .xlsx files. It can be done with OPENROWSET but you'll need the ACE Drivers to do that. http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 12:56 am
Teach the students how to do a restore on the first day.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 12:53 am
Joy Smith San (3/22/2015)
What are the limitations of SQL Server evaluation edition ?
Client is planning to buy a enterprise licence after 3-5 months.
Can they test their application by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 12:47 am
You might also add the occasional line break in your posted code so it can actually be read a little easier. 😉 A better idea would be to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2015 at 12:35 am
dwain.c (3/22/2015)
Jeff Moden (3/22/2015)
To me, it's simple and I train the Devs and DBAs that I work with on two very simple concepts.
Isn't training Devs akin to training cats? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 10:03 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (3/16/2015)
Eirikur Eiriksson (3/13/2015)
Digressing slightly, how would the threadizens describe the optimal code comments? Obviously the opposite of that would be the worst;-)😎
I want to ask...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Eric M Russell (3/20/2015)
Chris Harshman (3/20/2015)
Eric M Russell (3/20/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 8:50 pm
Jeff Moden (3/21/2015)
wagdy_maher (3/21/2015)
it's normal single server no HA till now
Data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 8:43 pm
Eirikur Eiriksson (3/22/2015)
er.mayankshukla (3/13/2015)
I use Batch wise delete in my procedures as they help me to reduce log size.
As we know the deletes causes ghost records, so commiting...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 8:12 pm
I've never had a performance problem because of such switches but if I were forced at gunpoint to make a conjecture, I would unfortunately still have to say I don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 8:05 pm
Thanks, Eirikur, but the brilliance is not mine. I'm just translating the work of the truly brilliant Itzik Ben-Gan.
Speaking of brilliant, using CHECKSUM() to convert the VARCHAR(30) ID to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 7:58 pm
My pleasure, good Sir. Thank you for the feedback.
My question now is do you have any questions about how the solution I provided actually works?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 2:19 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, storing the "guaranteed to be 7 digits" ID in a VARCHAR(anything) data-type is not what I would do. At the very least, the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2015 at 1:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 21,211 through 21,225 (of 59,098 total)