Viewing 15 posts - 20,956 through 20,970 (of 59,098 total)
What's wrong with just adding a counter to the loop?
Ah... never mind. Didn't look to see how you were deleting the files.
You could use xp_Dirtree before and after each...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2015 at 4:56 pm
Charles Kincaid (4/22/2015)
In Japan would that be floor 4, and for the same reason?
Jeff:
Are you older than me? I guess that it could happen.
Also don't mess with disabled folks....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2015 at 4:20 pm
SQL-DBA-01 (4/23/2015)
I have a rmeote location where I want to copy all the files...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2015 at 4:12 pm
Hmmm... depending on what it is, joint article?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 8:11 pm
dwain.c (4/22/2015)
Jeff Moden (4/22/2015)
dwain.c (4/22/2015)
Jeff - that is extremely clever!
Heh... thanks Dwain. As you can immediately tell, I've never had to do such a thing before. 😀 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 8:10 pm
dwain.c (4/22/2015)
Jeff - that is extremely clever!
Heh... thanks Dwain. As you can immediately tell, I've never had to do such a thing before. 😀 I've had to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 7:54 pm
Matt Miller (#4) (4/22/2015)
Jeff Moden (4/22/2015)
grant-665832 (4/22/2015)
The code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 7:52 pm
Ok, here we go.
As I previously stated and most on this thread implied, generating and storing all 3+ billion values of the complete sequence isn't just going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 7:43 pm
grant-665832 (4/22/2015)
I'd do this in a C# CLR. Or in a simple program to generate the sequence and write it to DB table.The code would be straightforward.
Why? In...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Why not just use MAX(columname) OVER () in any queries you have?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 11:35 am
SumOfDavid (4/21/2015)
I think there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 11:23 am
Seriously off topic but I have to ask... are you related to Ed Wagner on these forums?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 9:42 am
super48 (4/21/2015)
I have total 2.6 years experienced in ssis,ssrs,ssas.still I don't feel I have enough experience on these tools.
even though I have knowledge I didn't worked on many features...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 9:41 am
Tonight after work, I'm going to try to save your professional life. If you run any code that generates all 3+ billion rows, the table just for that one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 9:37 am
aaron.reese (4/22/2015)
so if you don't know what dates records were created/last updated, how would you choose records to be archived?
@JM
If someone changes the table structure, you are ~£%$!"$* :)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2015 at 9:27 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,956 through 20,970 (of 59,098 total)