Viewing 15 posts - 20,866 through 20,880 (of 59,098 total)
Lynn Hendricks (5/5/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 9:03 pm
I'd be real careful about having a share on my SQL SERVER that has been given privs to EVERYONE. In fact, I don't generally allow any shares on my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 5:59 pm
Ohhhhh, be REAL careful about using STR for formatting. Its slow and can be the source of rounding problems that you might not expect.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/71565/
I'll also state that, unless you're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 5:52 pm
andyscott (5/5/2015)
Why have ISO when you can have Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Owwww!!!! So THAT's where that date comes from!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 10:51 am
456789psw (5/5/2015)
#1 works, #2 dont. Just to make sure it was not a rights issue, I added everyone to the folder for #2 but no luck.
1. EXEC master..xp_cmdshell'bcp "SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 10:41 am
Now we know why the ISO Week was born. Removes a whole lot of all this guessing.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 8:15 am
RonKyle (5/5/2015)
Just a really simple idea.
Try setting PAD_INDEX = ON and FILLFACTOR = 80 as an initial step.
I recently did something like this in a situation you describe and it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 8:13 am
Orlando Colamatteo (5/5/2015)
Jeff Moden (5/4/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 5, 2015 at 6:54 am
I don't understand why anyone would need to do this through PowerShell. Can someone who actually had such a need please explain? I'm looking for someone that actually...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 11:56 am
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 10:39 am
There's also no excuse for people breaking out their "I've got 20 years of experience" rings. which looks like might have been the start of it all. Doesn't matter...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 9:41 am
Lynn Pettis (5/4/2015)
Jeff Moden (5/4/2015)
Jack Corbett (5/4/2015)
Please help...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 9:20 am
Jpotucek (5/4/2015)
I have a SQL Server 2000 Database. 30+ GB with a 15+GB log file.
I attempted to backup the Database and I receive the following error:
Server: Msg...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 8:51 am
vikramchander90 (5/4/2015)
Hi Jeff,Sorry for late reply and thanks a lot for your reply. Your solution worked out perfectly which helped reduce from hours to seconds. Thanks a lot.
Outstanding. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 8:47 am
Jack Corbett (5/4/2015)
Please help me fix this poorly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 4, 2015 at 8:38 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,866 through 20,880 (of 59,098 total)