Viewing 15 posts - 20,626 through 20,640 (of 59,098 total)
meilenb (5/24/2015)
Again trueAnd again, nobody is advocating that
Not correct. It's certainly a part of what the article covered... and advocated.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2015 at 4:08 pm
I'm confused. I admittedly don't now much about XML as I avoid it like the plague but the file identifies an "XSD" file. Can't that be used to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2015 at 4:06 pm
meilenb (5/24/2015)
It doesn't have to be broken to get it out the door.That is a false choice.
The problem is that it frequently is broken but no one knows because they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2015 at 3:53 pm
TomThomson (5/23/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2015 at 12:19 pm
meilenb (5/23/2015)
I don't require you to agree with me.I don't require you to be right either.
Heh... remember that.;-)
meilenb (5/24/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 24, 2015 at 12:11 pm
mburbea (5/23/2015)
I bring up the lack of randomness as it works in the favor of delimitedsplit8k, as the optimizer can basically get to reuse its row plans.
I've found the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2015 at 1:31 pm
meilenb (5/23/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2015 at 1:25 pm
meilenb (5/23/2015)
I'm in -- except I wouldn't want everybody doing these tests to prove something that has already been proved.
That's where the "Cite it" part of "Cite it or prove...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2015 at 10:13 am
I'm right there with you, Gail. I've seen so many posts and articles on this and other sites that claim one performance fact or another and a great many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2015 at 10:11 am
Especially the ringing in the ears, huh? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 23, 2015 at 9:35 am
Understood and thanks for taking the time to explain.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2015 at 11:26 pm
Gosh... that's just the first part of the interview. 😉 We get into the problem solving stuff once we've determined that they have the proper basic knowledge. I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2015 at 11:23 pm
Jason A. Long (5/22/2015)
Jeff Moden (5/22/2015)
Jason A. Long (5/22/2015)
Lowell (5/19/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2015 at 8:46 pm
Shifting gears, is To.FinncPriod supposed to skip a couple of beats like this in your CASE statement???
WHEN T0.FinncPriod = '46' THEN '2013-Oct'
WHEN T0.FinncPriod = '45' THEN '2013-Sep'
WHEN T0.FinncPriod = '[font="Arial...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2015 at 8:29 pm
curious_sqldba (5/21/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 22, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,626 through 20,640 (of 59,098 total)