Viewing 15 posts - 20,521 through 20,535 (of 59,098 total)
SQL-DBA-01 (6/2/2015)
Hi Luis
I can go to online site to steal their password if incase I have a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 8:11 pm
This is a tough one. You have to find the connection on the DB2 side of the house and kill it before the SQL Server connection will rollback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 8:03 pm
Ozzmodiar (6/2/2015)
There is a very elegant solution to this problem using the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Frank Cazabon (6/2/2015)
Thanks to all, especially the link to the bug when restarting the service.
It's actually not a "BUG". It's a performance feature. They preallocate 1,000 IDs to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 7:56 pm
devsql123 (6/2/2015)
Hi Folks i am in similar situation...can you please see my post and reply me.My Post title is: "Trying to get running Total in SQL Server"
Thanks
Devsql
Eirikur's most recent answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 5:52 am
While this is a good example and it's a good article (thank you SQLMickey for taking the time to write it), it IS an example of 1. "Divide'n'Conquer" methods...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 2, 2015 at 5:18 am
There's a pretty good chance on most systems that 1) 100,000 rows would not cause a 1.3 second blip. It would normally take an order of magnitude higher number...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 9:30 pm
Maybe it's just me. I might be getting too old for this business. I don't understand why people make such ridiculous posts.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/FindPost1690570.aspx
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:05 pm
mark.the.dba (6/1/2015)
/quote]
I hope they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:00 pm
mark.the.dba (6/1/2015)
I updated the script to handle tables in different schema's. I was using this today and found I have issues when the tables had different schema's.
I hope they...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:00 pm
Union all should have worked but it's impossible to tell without seeing your code, at the very least.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 7:50 pm
The login for SQL server doesn't have the necessary privs on either the source, the target, or both. You do.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 7:49 pm
... sorry... bad post removed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:22 am
qbrt (6/1/2015)
RonKyle (6/1/2015)
Sometimes we use CURSORS in our order processing environment to move data between systems and changing statuses on each record processed. The main reason for using a cursor...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:15 am
peter.row (6/1/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 1, 2015 at 8:10 am
Viewing 15 posts - 20,521 through 20,535 (of 59,098 total)