Viewing 15 posts - 20,401 through 20,415 (of 59,098 total)
Crud. I found it but it won't work because it only accepts a single character delimiter. I'll try something else.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Tom_Sacramento (6/10/2015)
Just to clarify the data, it looks like this in the table:
0x0A0D302064657070696B5365426F5464656B72614D73766F4D6D754E646E
From this I need to break it into manageable (VARCHAR) pieces, like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Lynn Pettis (6/11/2015)
charipg (6/10/2015)
i need to find out the table names which are modified in last 24hrs.
Jeff's answer is good if you are talking about schema changes not data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 4:57 pm
What about jobs that run more than once a day? For example, I have a dozen jobs on some servers that run once per minute. I don't want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 3:07 pm
Here's one more that uses a slightly different approach for stats.
http://raresql.com/tag/sys-sysindexes/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 2:54 pm
There are actually two places that provide good "hints" as to whether or not stats need to be updated. Please see the following article for both.
http://www.jasonstrate.com/2012/10/what-happened-to-rowmodctr-from-sysindexes/
Of course, MS had...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 2:49 pm
Jeff Moden (6/11/2015)
ericpap (6/11/2015)
I manage to crack the password from ZIP files I found on user profile...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 9:46 am
Ed Wagner (6/11/2015)
Lynn Pettis (6/11/2015)
You...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 9:43 am
waynes 78578 (6/11/2015)
A lot of companies have April as period 1, or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 9:40 am
ScottPletcher (6/11/2015)
But, injection or no, be prepared to explain to auditors why on earth you're allowing external users to view any invoices, let alone a big batch of them.
Amen to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 9:25 am
ericpap (6/11/2015)
I manage to crack the password from ZIP files I found on user profile recycled bin....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 9:24 am
waynes 78578 (6/11/2015)
I find it's a very common problem with accounting tables, which often only store the year...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 8:41 am
srgaddam2 (6/10/2015)
I am new to SQL server, so I would appreciate if you could help me understand the SQL hacking concept. What is the purpose of quotename? How can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 8:24 am
snuthalapati (6/10/2015)
Thank you for the reply...How about any auditing kind???
I believe you'd need something 3rd party like Guardium (if I got the name right).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 9:13 pm
Ok... first of all, that query is susceptible to SQL Injection, which is still the leading cause of successful hack attacks. At the very least, wrap a QUOTENAME around...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 10, 2015 at 8:08 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,401 through 20,415 (of 59,098 total)