Viewing 15 posts - 20,386 through 20,400 (of 59,098 total)
With that in mind and for those people that exclaim, "OK. You sold me. Where the hell do you get a million rows of test data?", the answer...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 2:33 pm
sgmunson (6/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 2:27 pm
n.heyen (6/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 2:26 pm
I can't speak for anyone else and I'm sure that it will rub some folks' sensibilities the wrong way but I do install the full monty on my servers and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 10:44 am
Outstanding feedback, Michael. Thanks for taking the time to post it!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 9:43 am
Do the files actually have a date and time in the file name? That would make life pretty easy. If so, please post the "general" format of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 9:39 am
Please folks... there's a time and a place for everything. I realize that it's an important subject but let's not turn this wonderful thread into a "global warming thread".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 8:41 am
SQL-DBA-01 (6/12/2015)
Thanks.Anyway you can help me getting the script in xp_cmdshell?
Were the two methods of mine that you found on a couple of the other posts too slow (and I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
jasona.work (6/11/2015)
For the most part though, staying in the Metro Detroit / suburbs area would be preferred.
That's where all the all the recruiters I know are at... between downtown and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 8:19 am
Eric M Russell (6/12/2015)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 8:17 am
Barkingdog (6/12/2015)
Jeff,Thank you for the perspective. I like it and will remove the WHERE clause as you suggested.
BD
We'll need to do a bit more than just removing the WHERE clause....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 12, 2015 at 1:09 am
jasona.work (6/11/2015)
Jeff Moden (6/9/2015)
On that note, give me some idea of where you'd actually like to work, area wise.
Jeff, realistically, I'd probably (for the right price) go as far as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Barkingdog (6/11/2015)
You are absolutely right. My query will be used to create a report for the Operators group to check the daily sql runs jobs. I too have some jobs...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 10:18 pm
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/11/2015)
Agree with the above. You might also keep a few placeholders around: https://voiceofthedba.wordpress.com/2014/11/24/placeholders-for-emergencies/
You just have to remember to be a bit careful with what get's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Ah. wait a minute. I've apparently gotten two different threads mixed up. The individual internal "rows" in your large binary are delimited by CHAR(10), correct?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
June 11, 2015 at 7:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 20,386 through 20,400 (of 59,098 total)